THE BBC

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 9 October 2012 1.15pm
Do you also think that the behaviour of the BBC is beyond belief?

And that George Entwistle should be dismissed immediately?

And that the Government must immediately cease paying any money whatsoever to the BBC?

And that the thought of even one penny of your taxes going to the BBC makes your blood boil?

mickmac
Tuesday 9 October 2012 1.27pm
no, do you think the bbc is being scapegoated for the failings of some dirty old men?
Tuesday 9 October 2012 3.54pm
Sorry - I think the BBC, for me, is fantastic and worth pretty much every penny and tend to agree with pixie.
Wednesday 10 October 2012 7.36am
Thanks for taking the time to ask these important questions Michael Place, its good to post and share your thoughts and feelings. However the questions do seem a bit vague in my mind and ever so slightly vitriolic, and I dont quite follow.

Have you taken umbrage with a particular programme theyve produced, or has their broadcasting schedule been to your dislike? Has someone from inside their corporation wronged you somehow? May it be something specific, or is there a litany of grievances you feel you have with them (THE BBC)?
Wednesday 10 October 2012 8.32am
Er...a bit draconian Mr. Place. And I'm a fan of the BBC.
Wednesday 10 October 2012 3.15pm
I would side with the other posters here. The alternative channels would not result in me wanting to keep a television.

I think there are far more important things that public money is spent on to warrant your objections, don't you?

Paying billions of pounds to allow banks that have failed to still pay bonuses to employees? That's one that should make your blood boil, surely?

For less than the cost of SKY TV per year I am happy with their output.

If of course you're talking about the actions of people who at some time worked for the BBC then those people should be held accountable. Unless you'd like to stop funding charities supported (and I'm guessing here about who you have an issue with) by a particular individual?
Saturday 27 October 2012 9.49pm
BBC delenda est, not because of Jimmy Saville, but because of the compulsory subsidy to the liberal agenda over the last decades. The same would be true were the BBC biased to my values.

But it is amusing to see the BBC getting its deserts after its self-interested demonization of Murdoch. Meanwhile the Guardian's going bust and the ailing New York Times is ruing the appointment of Mark Thompson and there's a good chance that Obama will lose (in which case I'll win 8,000 at 4-1 on Romney).

Good times!
Wednesday 7 November 2012 1.46pm
markadams99 wrote:
[i]there's a good chance that Obama will lose (in which case I'll win 8,000 at 4-1 on Romney).
Good times!

Gloating on hold for '4 more years'.

You should have had a bet on the next president of the world's most powerful nation instead. My money's on Hu Jintau.
Wednesday 7 November 2012 3.57pm
spartacus wrote:
markadams99 wrote:
[i]there's a good chance that Obama will lose (in which case I'll win 8,000 at 4-1 on Romney).
Good times!

Gloating on hold for '4 more years'.

You should have had a bet on the next president of the world's most powerful nation instead. My money's on Hu Jintau.

You're right. America's re-defined itself.

Sunday 11 November 2012 8.14pm
So, George Entwistle has, 'resigned.'
Anyone who heard him being torn to pieces by John Humphrys on the 'Today' prog on Friday morning could hardly be surprised.
I've heard BBC bigwigs being grilled before on that programme and it always amazes me how the presenters never hold back when interviewing their superiors on often tricky subjects. But Friday's confrontation was something else. If I didn't know better, I would suspect that Mr. Humphrys knew that the writing was on the wall as far as Mr. Entwistle was concerned and had been given carte blanche to go for the jugular in order to get some brownie points for poor, beleaguered, 'Auntie.'
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: