It happens in threes.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 26 October 2012 11.18am
They say bad things happen in threes.
Well, I've spent the last week trying unsuccessfully to shake off a lurgy. So that was the first thing.
Last night I went down to the garden shed to get something and the light inside didn't work. I was hoping I just needed a new fluorescent tube, but when I opened the freezer the smell knocked me backwards. Couldn't face sorting all that out in the dark, so left it overnight. (It couldn't have got any worse.)
Two down, one to go.
Just spent the last half hour ferrying ruined food up and down the garden in the drizzle and putting it in the bin, and on the final journey a bird pooped on my head.
Happy days.
I hope there's no such thing as reincarnation. Knowing my luck I'll come back as me.
Tuesday 30 October 2012 7.49pm
That made me laugh. I've had a similar day today. (1) Lost debit card and had it blocked - 7-10 days before new one comes through. (2) Was looking forward to lovely lunch only to find favourite restaurant in the Cut serving really awful food - cold, tasteless and expensive. Final insult, (3) a parking ticket, worse again, I can't appeal it as it was my (genuine) mistake... Can't even blame it on the full moon as that was yesterday. Ho, hum, could be worse, feel for the poor old New Yorkers and New Jersiers having to mop up after Sandy.
Wednesday 31 October 2012 9.42am
Hi Mon2,
Glad it gave you a chuckle, that was the object of the exercise. I was just having a cuppa after the experience and thought I'd share it. Sorry for your trio of mishaps though. What with the parking fine, it sounds like it was an equally expensive day for you too.
On a serious note, when fate does seem to be conspiring against us, we should think of those much worse off. Right now the topic is Hurricane Sandy, but I hope those poor New Yorkers can put even their problems in to perspective and spare a thought for the poor souls in Syria.
Sadly, we're not saints us humans, and it's not easy to think of other people's problems when we have enough of our own.

Cue Eric Idle.....'Always look on the bright side of life, de-dum, de-dum, de-dum de-dum de-dum.'

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: