Ads on the Forum

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 20 June 2002 11.22am
Is there any reason for this or are you just short of a bit of cash James? I have to say it is a little annoying. But just so you know, no I don';t want to hire a capsule in the london eye and no I don't want to buy a book from amazon - they are cheaper in waterstones
Thursday 20 June 2002 11.31am
I wondered how long it would take for someone to complain about the ads :-)

Just trying to cover the costs of the site, that's all...

I'm still experimenting with these text ads - I might make the text a bit smaller and the background a bit lighter
Thursday 20 June 2002 11.37am
Don't see why people should complain about the ads when the site is free. How else can it exist? I think you're doing a great job James - people don't have to click on the ads if they're not interested.
Thursday 20 June 2002 11.42am
I don't mind the ads in principle, but they are rather obtrusive. A bit better now, but they are still standing out more than the titles of the messages. Afraid I've no suggestions though....
Thursday 20 June 2002 11.47am
yes, i agree with jo jo - they detract from the messages. can't you put them down the side?
Thursday 20 June 2002 11.55am
Is that better now?
Thursday 20 June 2002 12.26pm
Much better.
Thursday 20 June 2002 1.08pm
I'd rather read an ad. than pay a subscription for reading all these wonderful diverse comments James....;-)
Thursday 20 June 2002 2.04pm
I think the Ads were an excellant idea and it would be a definate shame if they went. Not everyone gets the time to check evrything out, so they help speed things up
Thursday 20 June 2002 3.31pm
Yes the ads are better like that - you can hardly notice them now. How can you enjoy reading the ads JJ?
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: