What is political?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 11 December 2012 2.22pm
someone recently said how people are easily put off by things which appear to be even remotely 'political'. is this your experience? do you agree or disagree? is there stuff you do which you'd call political or non-political?
i'd really love to hear what people think about this, as it creeps up every now & again
thank you
Tuesday 11 December 2012 5.51pm
I do believe that you, "pros", should identify yourself and your political affiliations, all of them, and what your real agenda is.
Your question sounds like those that Jehovas Witnesses use to engage people in what seems like an innocent question but is intended to lure people into a debate and a lecture on their view of religion and subsequent recruitment into their religous cause.
Are you trying to recruit for The Peoples Republic of Southwark?
Tuesday 11 December 2012 6.49pm
@thebunhouse - oh dear, it was, believe it or not, a totally genuine question - i tend to not think in terms of 'affiliations' 'agendas' 'recruitments' nor do i make a distinction between a 'political' thing/action/issue and a non-political one.
people do however and maybe it's a question of language - i don't know.
are you upset people are talking about 'political' things or that we are?
Tuesday 11 December 2012 7.45pm
It annoys me when 'political' is deemed to be a dirty word, and people claim to be non-political or apolitical as a badge of honour.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 11 December 2012 10.43pm
it's confusing. sometimes it sounds as if there's a reluctance to acknowledge the connection(s) between things (as nothing we do or are is ever in isolation)?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: