Robert Brown, Died 2004

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 1 January 2013 11.30pm
Hi

I recently discovered that I had an Uncle no one knew about. His name was Robert Brown and he lived in Block F, Abbey Orchard Street, Westminster till he died in 2004. It seems that when he was born in 1919 he was taken away or given away at birth. After that there was no record of him until a research company told us about him recently.

My concern is that he may have died believing he was an orphan when in fact he did have a brother and sisters.
I would appreciate it if anyone knew him if they could tell me something about what kind of person he was, what his interests were, etc.

It may be he was pleasant or unpleasant, either way I would appreciate any information anyone might have.

Thanks

Chris
Wednesday 2 January 2013 9.33am
Oh what a sad story Chris..did he live in S.E.1. at any time as Westminster is a bus ride away, or in Roberts case a omnibus away..Many children at that time were handed to Aunts/Uncles to be looked after or even neighbours after the first World War for a variety of reasons. Either way I hope you find him metaphorically speaking.
Thursday 3 January 2013 7.15pm
Thanks, it seems that he did live in SW1 but there is no communication forum there that I know of myself.
He was born in Glasgow but we don't know how or when he reached London. Hopefully I can find his grave at least to pay my respects.

Thanks again.

Chris

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: