Chinese Elvis

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 9 September 2002 1.41pm
Biscuit Boy, how was Gracelands Palace? Would you recommend it?
Monday 9 September 2002 4.35pm
I have to say it was one of the funniest evenings I have ever had, with it being the 25th aniversary of his death, we all dressed up (including one girl in Karate suit and chest wig), thinking that there would be loads of like minded punters doing the same, cue lots of laughter by people at London Bridge station. when we got there out of the whole restaurant there was only one bloke with a pair of Elvis glasses there.

We were treated to 2 chinese Elvis' and one non chinese one as a special treat. The whole place was singing along and our table spent most of the night strutting our stuff on the dancefloor (which was about 1 carpet tile in size) got a feeling that the Elvis' were a bit peeved as they looked less Elvisy than us.

The food was ok - starters were nice but main courses were msg laden, fortunately we had drink about 3 bottles of wine each by this point so even a microwaved scabby dog would have gone down well (this being the main ingredient of the beef in garlic was questioned).

All in all a perfect boozy party venue, I have some photos and will scan them in as soon as I have a minute and post a link here.

Show a man how to make fire and he will be warm for hours, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Monday 16 September 2002 9.49am
Come on then - where are the photos?
Monday 31 March 2003 5.41pm
I went to Gracelands Palace recently, and it was fabulous. I can't recommend it enough. Cheesy as anything, but a great distraction in these uncertain times.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: