Mint on Montague - Closed down?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 14 November 2002 3.56pm
Went passed Mint On Montague (next to Southwark Cathedral today) and saw that the marquee had been dimantled, the place was gutted inside. Closed down, or freak storm damage? Only kidding - anyone know the background & if the Mint on St. John has closed too? The website gives no clues - looks like business as usual.

First the Cabbage, now Mint - seems to be a curse of opening a bar restaurant with a vegetable / seasoning as a name.
Thursday 14 November 2002 4.40pm
I just tried emailing them via the form on their site to try to find out what's happening but it doesn't work...

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 15 November 2002 3.11pm
I was in the one on St John Street a couple of weeks ago, but it wasn't very busy considering it was a Friday night. I'm not that surprised about the one on Montague as I was there on a Friday night a few weeks ago at 11 p.m. on a Friday night, and there were only two other people in there. In fact, it closed early because it was so empty, and we made the mistake of going to Belushi's instead - what a dive! I only risked it because somebody on this forum said they'd had a good night, but I thought it was absolutely dreadful.
Tuesday 26 November 2002 2.06pm
Let's just hope that someone sorts it out and makes a decent venue out of it - it's a wicked location, got so much potential. I am really gutted, that was one of my favourite places, there's no where similar in the area is there?

Wednesday 27 November 2002 6.42pm
Mint was sold at the end of October. A friend of mine booked it for a party on 16 Nov and was very annoyed as they didn't give him any notice before closing the venue. He was offered another venue but it is a shame as Mint had a really good vibe.

I hope the new owners make their mark soon.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: