poor chatter space, unloved, unused

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 10 January 2003 11.50pm
imagine, this is the first post for 2003!

i felt sorry for the chatter, being so neglected.....

so i just thought i'd mention that if your New Year's Resolution is to try and be more active....but you're not a fitness freak....

what could be better than Jade's Dance Workout Video! It's fun - really!

Happy New Year everyone.
Sunday 12 January 2003 7.54pm
Don't want to be mean but......

thought it would be better titled Jade Can't Work Out The Video.
Jai
Wednesday 19 February 2003 2.32pm
who's jade ?

Varkenslachter
Thursday 27 February 2003 9.49pm
ah, come on now... surely you MUST know who Jade is....

(just in case you don't, she's the girl from Bermondsey, who was picked to go on Reality show Big Brother 3, who showed a lack of general knowledge, who was ridiculed by the media, but who went on to be quite successful ...........

the girl, who it turned out, had had a turbulent childhood (but never alluded to it on TV),..............

the girl who looked more like the viewers than the skinny winner Kate...
the girl who pointed out her kebab bellies... and who made my kebab bellies get bigger 'cos instead of exercising, I was glued to the T.V....
but through a strange twist of fate, thanks to her FUN FITNESS VIDEO is now helping me to slice them kebabs in half...

and lastly, but definitely most importantly... thanks to Jade I found LONDON SE1 Website. I keyed in 'Bermondsey' last summer, and out it popped, and now I follow every development, the never-ending quest for a supermarket, the congestion charge debate, the kitchen, the honest cabbage, etc etc, etc>

And it makes those few days in August when I take my daughters to the County Hall for a few days R & R (while their father luxuriates in a field in Cropredy Oxfordshire (ever heard of Fairport Convention?) all the more meaningful............

Holland's not a bad spot either.....
Jai
Wednesday 5 March 2003 4.54pm
oh.. I must see if I can buy "Big brother - The epic DVD"
So much to catch up on.

so you don't actually live in this area yourself ?

Varkenslachter
Friday 7 March 2003 11.06pm
No, I live in Ireland.

When I was a child, if we Irish visited Britain, we kept our mouths shut, because we reckoned everyone would assume we were either totally stupid or terrorists. It was awful.

Thankfully, things have changed. Hopefully there will be nothing but peaceful co-opeation between Britain & Ireland from now on, and I don't the old stereotype of the 'thick' Irish is very prevalent now.

Things have come a long way....
Jai
Monday 10 March 2003 1.58pm
I'd like to think I'm not quite as xenophobic as that... not too sure about people watching exercise videos of 3rd rate celebrities though (only kidding !)

Varkenslachter
Monday 15 March 2004 9.19pm
When I saw TLMJJ's thread, I remembered this one - March would seem to be 'low season' for the Chatter thread..

If I could think of a funny joke, I would contribute to TLMJJ's thread..

(still at least Jade's still in the news, I suppose!)

She was on Back to Reality recently (on a Channel I can't get), which was won by James Hewitt.

I hadn't much time for him before - thought he should keep quiet about his relationship with Diana. But he was on Irish TV on Friday night - seemed to go down well with the audience.

The host of the chat show even mentioned the speculation about Prince Harry (I was cringing), but, he (the host) said 'chronologically impossible'.

Post edited (15 Mar 04 21:24)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: