Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 18 March 2003 1.47pm
The Parent company of Iceland, BIG Food Group, are pressing to get a debt of 12million repayed by Guyana. Guyana is kind of poor, in fact its total GDP is less than half the turnover of Big Food Group. Guyana has already repaid half the debt but repayments have slipped and so the debt is back where it started.
Go here to read more about it:,6903,914946,00.html

And anyway with new Sainsbury Local and the nice guy who sells the fab veggies who needs smelly Iceland!

Perfect timing Observer! Although no more of those nice strudel things.
Tuesday 18 March 2003 2.34pm
but iceland have really good cheap pizzas..... :( and they have the curry in a bag..... AND they have that wicked black man who works on the till who remembers you every time..... nonononono... we like iceland. sainsburys local overprice everything so it all balances itself out really . . .
Tuesday 18 March 2003 2.46pm
I'm Guyanese and will be spending a bit more to shop at Sainsburys until they relent.
Tuesday 18 March 2003 11.42pm
no way, i also struggle to repay debts, you should not borrow if you cannot repay, if big business stopped charging interest we would all be stuffed, no loans, mortgages, they should have thought about repayment before they borrowed the money, increase tax, they must have borrowed to benifit the populace or why would a company like iceland have lent to a nation like that. before long if we listen to people like you we will ahve to cartwheel to work naked and starving. join the real world
Wednesday 19 March 2003 8.02am

perhaps I can borrow some cash from you... am always alittle hard up on a monday.

I'm good for repayment of half of it... then I'll just get a national newspaper to write how uncouth you are by not letting me off the balance... even though I promised you to pay interest !!!

Wednesday 19 March 2003 9.33am
Stop buying curry in a bag and learn how to cook!
Wednesday 19 March 2003 10.24am
why dont you and Mark go and check out Cucina ???

you have the same philsophy on these things !

Wednesday 19 March 2003 12.09pm
jai - read the pizza thread again ...
Wednesday 19 March 2003 1.30pm
ooops... something else I was never very good at !

Wednesday 19 March 2003 2.21pm
jai - your mums a loser
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: