Iraq War

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 28 March 2003 10.04am
Is anyone else sick of all the coverage on TV glorifying the war?

Why don't we just get it over and done with and drop a couple of carefully placed nukes? After all, we haven't tested one properly since 1945!
Sunday 30 March 2003 6.41am
What I find really sickening is the wall to wall coverage, mostly speculation rather than hard facts, and the way news reporters have to be in every spot letting us hear explosions and announcements from both sides, live as it happens. The media have treated the war, at times, as though it were a nationaol event like a royal wedding with excitement in their voices. We have 24 hour news which 24 hours later tells us that the facts they gave us yesterday were only specuation. A couple of days ago were told that up to 100 armoured vehicles were leaving basra and heading toward british troops. The next day, only 3 vehicles were seen. There is an unhealthy trend to bring us the news first, even if it isn't news but village gossip on a global scale.
Sunday 30 March 2003 3.26pm
Ashley quite frankly attitudes like that digust me! It was wrong to murder the Japanese with two nuclear bombs & after doing so I do not see that the US has any moral ground to tell anyone what to do.

As for the news coverage on the war it is clear to me that they are trying to brain wash the people & cause complete apathy within our minds. All of the channels are reporting is so one sided it is shocking. There is no impartiality & all of this must end. The way I see it is that in 30 years time we will have finaly abolished the 2 part dictatorship & will finally be able to talk to people about democracy.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: