derby in the snow

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 26 March 2013 8.46pm
If anyone is moaning about the weather and are bored...go into Derby Evening Telegraph, news and click on One mans hilarious video of the snow....on the news section.
Wednesday 27 March 2013 1.20pm
My workmate is from Derby,a 6ft 4" beast of a man..........who calls me "duck"
Thursday 28 March 2013 9.15am
Ey up me duck! gorgeous area of the country...
Thursday 28 March 2013 11.24am
Jan,you know they say that London is not a very friendly place and that Londoners don't have time for people and all that,well I went to Ilkeston for a wedding some years back and pre ceremony,me being me,I went into a pub to pick out a football bet,I was in that pub roughly 30mins and by the time I left I had spoken to every single person in that pub,20 or more people and it struck me that it was in fact true what they say about us.
Thursday 28 March 2013 12.25pm
I think in London people are friendly but in a pub environment if you spoke to them they probably think you are trying out a scam if you are young!

I love talking to every one where ever I happen to be, the most unsocial place I have ever visited was several years ago in Wales, near phwelli.. a karaoke was advertised in a pub, we found the pub a very small place, walked in smiled at the barman asked for a few beers asked when the karaoke was going to start...and I kid you not said it was only karaoke for the regulars as they were there all the time!

It reminded us of the horror films or pyschological thrillers we were watched as we sipped our beer and left most of it! then before the car had left the street we heard music pumping out..lol
Thursday 28 March 2013 1.17pm
LOL you've just reminded me of a time when a friend and I went into the Duke of Wellington (mentioned on another thread today)in Druid st,the pub stopped when we walked in,i'm sure a dart stopped mid air,we nicknamed it "american werewolfs" after a scene in that film "An American werewolf in London" and my friend was brought up in Devon mansions!
Thursday 28 March 2013 4.22pm
I rmember that scene as well...vividly lol

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: