state pension...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 30 March 2013 12.56pm
Or laughlingly described by DWP as a benefit, despite me working from the age of 15 and my husband working from the age of 14 and paying our dues; can anyone explain the logic behind the letter asking for people to inform them if they go into hospital? after all rent still needs to be paid, council tax and standard charges for electricity and gas..oh yes and phone,water rates, cable etc.

So if I was to enter hospital as inpatient for a month would they stop my pension?
Sunday 31 March 2013 11.58pm
on there is some blurb on "Changes of circumstances:Hospital Admission"
It sets out the allowance and benefits that are / are not affected by admission. State pension is not affected according to the list I saw .

I am with you 100 percent on the point that our State Pension is now (ludicrously)classed as a benefit . So all those years we were paying National Benefit Contributions when we thought it was a form of Insurance payment towards our old age . So presumably all those old fashioned NI Cards had little green Benefit Stamps on them .
Tuesday 2 April 2013 5.49pm
Tone, the hospital bit was on dwp letter stating a rise in my state pension...Thats a blast from the past! Cards and the stamps! then if you were out of work any new employer would know how long you were unemployed for...never should have paid full stamps! and packed up work at 66! it's just that word' benefit, a red rag to a bull!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: