Good service!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 30 April 2003 4.39pm
It's not like me to go out of my way to recommend something, but I have just had really excellent service from a company called S.E. Services and

My dishwasher went wrong, and I knew exactly what it was. The pump had gone. I called SMEG and they put me in touch with S.E. Services. On ringing them they enquired if it was covered by extended guarantee to which I said "no, they are a rip off" however they referred me to which is a service (for which they are the SE1 area agent) that allows you to either agree fixed price labour only servicing, or take out an extended guarantee, the clever bit being you can take the guarantee out at the point of failure.

A few clicks on and I was told that S.E. Services would repair my dishwasher for 61 labour plus parts, or a 12 month parts and labour contract would cost 89. Having had an identical dishwasher with the same fault repaired before for 120, and knowing the cost of a new pump was about 40 + VAT the contract price of 89 seemed too good to be true. Anyway I filled my details in, gave my credit card number and I was immediately issued a contract and reference number. Seconds later I received an email telling me to call S.E. Services and to quote these numbers.

I did, and this morning an engineer arrived at the agreed time, repaired my dishwasher with zero fuss (it was the pump) and left. How good is that?!! How they make money I have no idea. I assume now they will badger me to take out a policy on all my electrical goods.

Anyway .. that's it ...
Sunday 4 May 2003 6.45am
We often read about good restaurants but rarely about the good old caf'. If you are Guy's hospital or in the area then try the little italian run caf' opposite the main drive in entrance near the bloomfield centre. Good friendly chatty service and always pleased to see their regulars. They make a nice coffee, reasonably priced, and a nice bacon sandwich, amongst others. they also do a roaring takeaway trade.
Monday 5 May 2003 11.19pm
Reasonably priced is evidently a subjective judgement!!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: