retro television

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 7 May 2003 7.22am
Where would be the best place to find out how much a working retro television is worth? Mum has one that dates from about thirty or forty years ago. It is like a round ball, orange case, with a space helmet visor in black that comes down the front, it looks a cross between a giant motorbike helmet or an enormous spacemans helmet, the walk on the moon type.
The makers namer is discovery.... If anyone could heelp I would be gratefful.;-)
Wednesday 7 May 2003 9.45am
Hi. Two places I can think of that sell them. A shop about 1/3 way up Brixton Hill on the right hand side, and one of the stalls at Camden Market. Worth checking out the prices there.

If I remember I'll make a note of the name of the shop on BH when I drive past later in the week.
Wednesday 7 May 2003 12.14pm
I'd might be interested in buying it any idea what you want for it? burgerking@elvis.com

Show a man how to make fire and he will be warm for hours, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Wednesday 7 May 2003 1.51pm

you could see if they have been selling retro TVs on ebay recently?

(ebay junkie)
Wednesday 7 May 2003 2.59pm
Ingrigued enough by this, I've been doing some searching - I'm afraid off your description, the closest I've gotten is this :

http://antiqueradio.org/jvc01.htm

However I'd imagine you've got quite a desireable piece (in some markets), if you can find further details...model numbers, or anything else written on it in fact, you may be able to find more info.

Let us know what you find out!

(Or if you can't be arsed, I'll give you a fiver for it, take it off your hands.....bulky old piece of junk getting in the way all the time...)
Thursday 8 May 2003 7.47am
Thank you Tony,Biscuit Boy (?) Redbus, Stiofan, I shall follow up all your leads, and Tony if you do go past that place it would be great .
Thursday 8 May 2003 11.04am
Charity.

I remembered to check it out. It's called Modes and I've just looked them up on Yell and the phone number is 020 8674 9463.

They had some nice retro pieces in the window (and it wasn't cheap either!) so perhaps you can persuade them to put it in the shop and take a commission for selling it.

Good luck

Tony
Tuesday 13 May 2003 2.22pm
Drove past again last night and it looked closed!
Wednesday 14 May 2003 1.22pm
Funny enough Tony I thought they must have been on holiday as I had no reply from the phone number and checked with the directory and it was the right one, but thank you for trying, Mum sent an E-mail to someone and they said it was only about 15/16 years old, but that it was a very rare model and because of the visor, colour and the wheels ( did i mention the wheels before?) it has two large ones at the back. that it would be a desirable object.

and the porcine element takes to the sky...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: