Good gym in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Dan
Monday 12 May 2003 10.01am
Can anyone recommend a gym in SE1 with a pool and sauna?
Monday 12 May 2003 10.11am
Dan

No! Sadly SE1 is lacking in decent gyms. I eventually settled on Cannons City. Might seem a bit of an odd choice, but it is just the other side of Southwark Bridge, takes me 20 mins to walk there from Elephant and at the weekend you have the place to yourself.

The facilities are first class. I recommend you check it out, only if to use as a benchmark for other places.

Tony
Monday 12 May 2003 10.17am
Bankside Restaurants are doing some deal with them at the moment.
Dan
Monday 12 May 2003 11.31am
Cheers mate
that sounds good. Do you have their telephone number and what are the membershipship fees?
Dan
Monday 12 May 2003 5.04pm
I've just joined Topnotch (against my better judgement) and have to say am quite pleased with it. I go in the morning before work and its never too busy. Weekends are fine, relatively quiet. Pool is nice size.
You should go and have a look, it is quiet pricey tho.
Tuesday 13 May 2003 1.22pm
Dan

No I don't have a number to hand, but look them up on the web. I have a membership called Connections which is quite expensive (80/month) but it allows me to use any Cannons (or Cannons owned) club and give other perks (towels, parking, etc) which is quite useful if you spend time in the West End. Their Covent Gdn site is very nice.

Tony
Tuesday 13 May 2003 2.48pm
This is the offer with Bankside - get a free 7 day pass.

==============================================
Cannons Health Club and Spa 7 day pass offer still on!

Cannons City luxury health club is offering Bankside customers a free seven day pass. This fantastic offer gives you full, unlimited access to all their facilities including the gyms, pools and de luxe spa for a whole week

Contact Bankside for further details.
==============================================
Dan
Tuesday 13 May 2003 3.50pm
wow, thanks for that!
Thursday 15 May 2003 7.40am
Tony,

I do the same with Cannons.

It's a good gym.

David
R
Monday 19 May 2003 3.21pm
Fitness Exchnage by London Bridge are good, although somewhat pricey. Lovely pool, jacuzzi and suana and steam stuff. (the facilities are pretty good as well and there is a really good range of classes) Instructors are friendly.

It's quiet at the weekends as well!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: