Almost a year since she put Bermondsey on the map!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 20 May 2003 10.15pm
A year ago I'd barely heard of Bermondsey, then the Divine Ms Jade entered the Big Brother house............

I expect many of you will be celebrating the Anniversary of the Discovery of Jade...

Go on - you love her, really!
Wednesday 21 May 2003 12.00am
'Barley heard of Bermondsey' and Dierdre logs on to this website!
Is she from Weatherfield and married to Ken I wonder.....
'Celebrate the Anniversary of the Discovery of Jade' - I think poor Dierdre needs help - or is she Rory in disguise and about to put the cat among the pigeons once again.
Wednesday 21 May 2003 8.44am
No, Deirdre lives in Ireland, and found this website because of Jade!
Thursday 22 May 2003 12.30pm
I'm Sorry!

Thursday 22 May 2003 10.58pm
And perhaps Jade has done more than any Good Friday agreement to forge links between our two great nations (sounds like something George Bush would say, I know)...

As well as being educated thru this website (I'm an expert on Tescos on the Old Kent Road), I have made many friends on Channel 4 website.. they actually share my enthusiasm for Big Brother...

But, perhaps due to my Irish blood, I feel a calling to spread the good news and be a missionary.. and will do my best to convert all you unbelievers to Big Brother, and especially the cause of Blessed Jade Goody, patron of the intellectually challenged (among which I count myself..)
Friday 23 May 2003 10.47am
I'm already looking forward to discussing BB4 with you!
Friday 23 May 2003 5.59pm
Dear your Ladyship Ms Jo Jo

How clever of you to work out that deedee is the same as deirdre!
I was not trying to hide my identity - just had to re-register due to forgetting password.

It is now less than 2 hours before BB4, and I am up the walls. In a way, I hope it's a load of old rubbish, so I don't spend too much time in front of the T.V. (last year I got Vertigo during the first week and was ordered to lie quietly.. so I had to watch T.V. On the other hand, I have organised my domestic chores to co-incide with this series - bags of odd socks to be sorted, kitchen presses to be tidied, etc.

I am hoping that they will feature some old, (as in over 22), ugly (as in probably not modelling material) and really unfit (as in a stomach that does not look like a washboard) people. A good mix of viewpoints and life experiences would be more interesting, and of course educational..

But in real life, the weird thing is that my 13 year old daughter is beginning to look like she might be a Jade! Despite my constant entreaties to her about the importance of education (you don't want to end up like your parents, love), she does not appear to be one bit interested in schoolwork, or current affairs...

But she is loveable (if you don't have to share a roof with her)......
and I suppose I've only myself to blame... some of my passion for trash T.V. seems to have rubbed off on her......
Friday 23 May 2003 6.01pm
Sorry - posted this twice (due to the fact that other daughter rang me in mid posting, and I was 'knocked off the net' - painful at the best of times...

Post edited (23 May 03 19:13)
Saturday 24 May 2003 5.27am
Big brother is the worst television can produce. After the way Jade was treated by the programme in the last series (by the production and the public alike) it is surely time to dispense with this type of fly on the manure heap programme. I met Jade sometime before she went onto the programme and she was a delightful girl who worked for my dentist. The television used her as a whipping girl. It was nothing short of mass media bullying. If our children behaved in school like the general public behaved where Jade was concerned, there would have been a public outcry, saying this should not be tolerated. How would people have reacted had Jade been their daughter. Jade was a lonely, sad, vulnerable sitting duck. If this is what people count as entertainment, then we are a sad species.

Post edited (24 May 03 21:46)
Monday 26 May 2003 8.26pm
I think that anyone who takes part in a reality t.v. programme is going to be exploited, but I am pleased at the way Jade has managed to apparently stay cheerful and in some ways beat them at their own game.

In my opinion, it would have been great had she used some of the money she earned after the show to do something in the way of training for a new career - she seemed interested in beauty therapy. Perhaps she will do so in the future. But as the patter of tiny feet is imminent, plans like that would probably have to wait.

It is to her credit that she has stayed level headed and seems to be maximising her earning potential at present.

However, for anyone in that situation, it must be horrific to lose the simple ability to be anonymous. But people who seek fame must be prepared to sacrifice their privacy. Rather them than me!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: