nicholas nickleby

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 24 June 2003 8.52pm
today I was lucky enough to take my children to a free showing of the new Nicholas Nickleby film. It is, by far, the best film I have seen in years. The acting, music and sound production were superb.The script was a well balanced mixture of tear-jerkingly emotional scenes artistically intermingled with moments of humour. Had I been told there were comic moments in a dickens story of this nature, I would probably have not understood how it could remain a plausible interpretation of the story. However, I believe it added much colour to what is surely one of Dickens' best stories. I must admit to not liking reading his books as he does waffle somewhat. I understand this was due to the fact that most of the time he was paid but the number of words. The audience was 99 per cent schoolchildren who all seemed to love every moment. At the end of the film the audience applauded. As I rarely go to the cinema these days, I don't know how rare this was, but it clearly showed how much they enjoyed it. I shall certainly go again. Sorry I have rabbited for so long, but I highly recomend anyone to see it soon. I shall be interested to read your oppinions.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: