Southwark Park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 22 September 2003 3.17pm
What was going on in the Park this weekend, I completely missed it, only noticed as we were driving past on our way to the pictures on Sunday night. Were people having fun without me??
Monday 22 September 2003 4.05pm
I think it was some kind of latin American festival, I was there in the afternoon, walking with my dog in the sunshine, listening to the salsa music...very pleasant!

Monday 22 September 2003 10.10pm
I'm told it was a columbian festival. How do thousands of people find out about these things. There wasn';t any prior publicity, was there? or was it a clairvoyant event?

Tuesday 23 September 2003 1.54pm
Shame, I would have really liked to have gone, if I had known about it ;0(
Tuesday 21 October 2003 10.26pm
Southwark Park has a really good 'Friends of the Park' organisation - all local people who have done a lot to improve the park and who arrange events there, all of which are excellent. They are volunteers so can't really run to too much advertising but they do whast they can through local paper etc. They very friendly and are always pleased to hear from interested people, and of course anyone involved would know about forthcoming events. Chair of the Friends is a Bermondsey boy, Gary Magold. Anyone interested I'll pass on contact details.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: