1 question quiz

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Monday 29 September 2003 5.10pm
There are only 2 countries in the world
that are "doubly landlocked".
In other words, neither they nor any of
their surrounding countries have any coastline.
Can you name them ?
Monday 29 September 2003 5.31pm
I can now...

You could get a whole round of pub quiz questions out of this
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/fields/2060.html

Post edited (29 Sep 03 18:44)
Monday 29 September 2003 6.06pm
Now moved to the chatter section...

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 30 September 2003 1.08pm
Much more fascinating is how they measured the lengths of coastlines - of countries with a coastline.

For those of you who think I am writing nonsense, how small does a cove have to be before it is excluded from the measurement... or the perimiter of a particularly large rock... or the perimeter of a rather smaller rock or a rock pool.
Tuesday 30 September 2003 4.14pm
And wouldn't the length be totally different when the tide is out from when it is in?
Tuesday 30 September 2003 5.06pm
A full fifty-six minutes to move this light entertainment stuff out of the SE1 forum to the oblivion of the unloved chatter forum!

We had only thirty-four minutes to swap minced lamb recipes before James swooped last time. Are standards slipping?
Wednesday 1 October 2003 11.08am
T.L.M.J-J, this reminds me of when under the 'fluence....( booze one!) arguments could be guarenteed if we discussed what country we would reached if we dug straight down from London... most people said australia..

long arguments would ensue....a ball would be dug out from under the stairs, a Play People toy would be sellotaped on it by its feet, some people did not seem to understand that up and down were relative.....

depending if the play people stayed put the answers were variable,
one day I'm gonna get drunk and get that ball out!

I know I've probably told you that before!
Jan :-)

jan
Wednesday 1 October 2003 7.56pm
If you did dig straight down, how many congestion charge zones would you pass through? See what happens, phoney, ask one simpl question, and it could go on all night. Where is Sea Level, When the tide is in or out, or when the water is calm or choppy?
Sunday 5 October 2003 1.21am
What happens if they take out all the oil beneath the see and we burn it all up - will the world get lighter - what happens if everyone is creamated - does the world get smaller and lighter - if the continents move farther apart - do we bump into the ones the other side - I don't know - at 2.31 and after a dram or to - I just wonder.
Sunday 5 October 2003 7.35pm
All this correspondence is fascinating, but what I would like to knoiw is THE ANSWER.

Many thanks Hilary
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: