Daylight bulbs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 7 October 2003 6.45pm
Does anyone have experience of the efficacy of these and, just as importantly, is there anywhere in the SE1 area you can buy them?

Tuesday 7 October 2003 7.16pm
http://www.dictionary.reference.com
4 entries found for efficacy

ef·fi·ca·cy
n.
Power or capacity to produce a desired effect; effectiveness

Have you entered Daylight Bulbs in Google ?
Lot's of comments there as to their efficacity
and places to buy them.

Friday 17 October 2003 10.37am
the New Vic has a cafe fully lit by them (or something like them) Supposed to make you feel Gooood, apparently.

gggggrrrrrruuff
Monday 8 December 2003 12.28am
Why do you want daylight bulbs?

Daylight refers to the color put out by the lamp - daylight is a sickening color

Steve
Wednesday 7 January 2004 4.50pm
You can get daylight bulbs in decent art shops. They throw a very blue-looking light to the untrained eye, but daylight *is* blue. (Most daylight bulbs are carefully controlled to replicate the colour temperature of daylight)

So - near here, the art shops to pursue (via www.yell.com for address, tel. number etc) include:

Atlantis, E1
Cass, W1
Cornelissen, WC1

I have not yet come across any art shops in SE1, by the way.
Wednesday 7 January 2004 4.53pm
I forgot, it might be worth calling Silverprint. They are a very helpful and friendly photographic supplier in SE1, on Valentine Place, just off Webber St. Find them on www.yell.com for their number/address.

That's the kind of thing they might have as well (photographers need daylight bulbs to gauge colour prints, contact sheets etc.)
Wednesday 7 January 2004 5.29pm
whilst in derby there was a craft shop - needles...sewing silk etc. if you cant get them when I am up next I could get some for you if you have difficulty...they have differents watts....apparently its better if you sew by daylight?

jan
Wednesday 7 January 2004 10.13pm
City Electrical Factors can get you what you want - there is a branch at Elephant and Castle
Thursday 8 January 2004 9.37am
Sputnik - there's a little art shop on London Road call Sean Kelly, not as good as Artlantis obviously, but very friendly and helpful - not sure about daylight bulbs
Thursday 8 January 2004 11.09pm
Any branch of Ryness Electrics could help,not very close-by but they do deliver
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: