Exercise

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 26 June 2013 9.17pm
16 months after handing in my green badge and retiring, I decided that sporadic walks around Southwark Park, interspersed with the occasional amble to Waterloo then maybe a 381 or a subway train ride on the Jubilee back to Bermondsey weren't cutting it, I needed to up the ante.
So today, when I surfaced and noticed that she who must be obeyed had left her cell-phone on charge and gone to work incommunicado, (for the benefit of the sniggerers in the back row, that does NOT mean she left sans underwear), I decided to man up and take it her at her office at Paddington.
Glowing from her profuse thanks, and a double cheeked kissing, followed by one on the lips that took me way, way back, I walked from the corner of Edgware Road and Harrow Road to Marble Arch. There, throwing caution to the winds, I paused for a Kir Royale. Then, I pressed on, all along Park Lane, under the pedestrian subway at Hyde Park Corner, down Grosvenor Place to Victoria. Getting my second wind, I sailed, (not too rapidly), along Victoria Street to Parliament Square. I've cracked this I thought, I can make it all the way to civilisation in Rotherhithe. Alas, he who learns to walk away lives to walk another day. My feet said, "Give it up Tom, take that tempting 381." Pausing only to pick up a Standard outside Waterloo station, this I did. Still, I proved to myself that I can do a bit more than a walk around the park.
Thursday 27 June 2013 10.56am
Ah Tom I loved the special kiss bit that took you back to your youth..:-) even if was to return a mobile phone!
That was a fair distance you walked too, 15 years ago in kent we walked a roun d trip to the farriers for re-shoeing ( horses not us!) a total of nearly 8 miles, now I can just manage the end of bartholomew street!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: