Roller-blading

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Anonymous User
Wednesday 5 November 2003 2.25pm
Does anyone here skate at all?

I've recently lost my skating partner (badly broken bones!), it's much more fun doing it with someone else but I've not been able to convert any of my pedestrian pals into giving it a go.

I've been tempted to try the Friday Night Skate but I'm not sure I'm up to it yet.
jac
Friday 21 November 2003 5.27pm
Hi Birdie

Nice to have met you last night.

This is the first time I have looked at this part of the forum.

I have thought about roller blading but never quite got around to it. wouldn't mind giving it a go though if your still interested in finding someone to tag along. Would need to get some blades though perhaps you can advise me. I use to ice skate but not sure if there is any similarity though.
Jai
Monday 24 November 2003 11.42am
If you're a big roller blading fan, then I'd recomend catching the Eurostar to Paris for a weekend of blading... I used to blade to work everyday, when I did my stint at the veritable feast of life.

If anyone wants them, I have several sets of old blades to give away... My wife also has a set, used only once... they're even quite up to date, unlike mine.

Varkenslachter
Monday 24 November 2003 5.40pm
Did you skate to work in London or in Paris?
Jai
Monday 24 November 2003 7.09pm
only in Paris... I'm affraid to walk on the pavement here !

Varkenslachter
Anonymous User
Tuesday 25 November 2003 9.30am
Jac

Put a pair of skates on your Christmas list definitely! I don't think I'm up to road skating yet (the London or the Paris Friday night skates look a little advanced for me just now) but I love it - it's such good fun and good exercise!

I started with a pair of cheap skates from a sports shop to give me an idea of whether or not I was going to like it (I think they were about 20). Whe I realised I did like it I bought a pair of 'proper' skates which come in a little more expensive!

It is very much like ice skating, even in so much that the protective pads are designed to help you slide if you fall, as if you were falling on ice!

Let me know if you decide to take the plunge!
jac
Tuesday 25 November 2003 5.20pm
Birdie - I will be in touch, I might be able to borrow a pair to get a taster if not it on the Christmas list they go.

Jai - What size are you offering
Jai
Wednesday 26 November 2003 11.00am
mine are european 42
hers are 'little'
(as are mine)

Varkenslachter
jac
Tuesday 6 January 2004 11.50am
Hi Birdie

Well I didn't get any blades despite putting them on my Christmas list. However I went and brought myself a pair (sadly Jai yours were just a bit too big) yesturday. I need to learn how to stand up in them first. I was shocked that I couldn't even do that in the shop easily, there must be some trick. Anyway if you still don't mind a complete beginner tagging along with you would love to team up. Perhaps you can give me some pointers.
Tuesday 6 January 2004 12.20pm
Oooh, can I come too? In my bid to try and get fitter this year I dug out my roller blades the other evening.
Am not very good, I can stand up and go in a fairly straight line, Jac, don't worry, it gets easier! Make sure you have good knee and wrist pads though.
Would love to join in if I can.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: