8th in line to the throne?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 16 November 2003 1.24pm
If anyone could answer this query I would be grateful...though I have to admit it's not a matter of life and death or anything....

I have read that Edward & Sophie Wessex's new daughter will be eighth in line to the throne

If this is so, can anyone list the other 7 in correct order...

Obviously Charles would be 1, William 2, Harry 3. Then would it be Andrew or The Princess Royal? If it were Anne 4, Andrew 5, would it be Edward 6, then what about Beatrice and Eugenie - and do Anne's children not get a look in?

Or if poor Anne has to wait after Andrew and Edward, I still can't figure out why the new baby would be 8th. Or do you not count Charles at all, because he's number 1?

I'm confused....

But hopefully the little girl and her mum will have a long and healthy life!
Sunday 16 November 2003 1.29pm
Here's the updated line of succession:
http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page389.asp

Post edited (16 Nov 03 13:29)

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 16 November 2003 1.37pm
My God, James is quick to respond!

Thanks a million!

(Poor Anne, she's put in all that hard work, but ends up so far down on the list............... )

Post edited (16 Nov 03 13:40)
Monday 17 November 2003 10.11am
How come Prince Michael of Kent isn't in there?

Aren't there plans to change the law so that women have the same rights to succession as men?
Monday 17 November 2003 10.44am
Because he married a Catholic, and so had to renounce his right of succession.

Post edited (17 Nov 03 10:47)
Friday 5 December 2003 10.34am
To paraphrase a story I read in the press: In aristocratic terms The Counterss of Sophie is the second most important woman and only has to curtsey to the queen. This is because the female partners of Edwards elder brothers are all now ex-partners. Apparently Soapy is insisiting Camilla Parker Pens curtseys to her wherease CPB thinks Soapy should 'naff orf' and that this is causing bad blood. What they need is a good old family Christmas sitting round the TV waiting for something good to come on.
Friday 5 December 2003 10.52am
Lily Savage was right.
Camilla Parker Bowles looks like Audrey Roberts from Corrie.
I'd make her more than curtsey..... at least go to the bar each time I wanted a drink.
Saturday 6 December 2003 6.48pm
I'm sure all the members & associates of the Royal Family have their own merits.

Unfortunately, every time I hear/read the words Camilla Parker Bowles, I am reminded of a elderly gentleman from Dublin's inner city, who spoke on an Irish national radio phone-in around the time when Charles & Camilla's 'close relationship' came to be common knowledge.

This nice old man was getting very annoyed for Diana's sake; he kept saying she was a lovely girl, and the Royal Family should have treated her better. He said 'and now we find out that Prince Charles is with this other woman 'Come'ere and Park yer Bowels'. The thing was, the man wasn't trying to be funny or sarcastic - he seemed to think that a really her name... the radio presenter pretended not to know about this woman, and kept asking him to say who she was again, so we heard 'Come'ere and Park yer Bowels' over and over again...

We mightn't have a Royal Family here in Ireland, but Miss Ireland has just won Miss World. Normally we wouldn't really bother about such an event.. but when someone Irish wins it... (and she's Chris de Burgh's daughter...)..
Monday 8 December 2003 12.04pm

Just been onto your link James.

Who the Hell is The Lady Louise Windsor (8th in line to the Throne).
Am I being thick here??

Dan
Monday 8 December 2003 12.17pm
She's Prince Edward's new daughter.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: