Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 27 August 2013 8.05pm
I am going to Spain for a week, where is the best place to get Euros? I thought the post office but have been told its better to get them at the airport? The last time I went to Spain it was pesetas!
Tuesday 27 August 2013 10.02pm
I've used Ace FX before:

They are in London Bridge Walk

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 28 August 2013 1.20am
I've used Ace FX as well, best rates I could find. The other thing I liked is they let me have all small denomination notes which I prefer.
Wednesday 28 August 2013 8.49am
Oh Thank you James and LelB, I did not think about small note denomination either! :-)will get a cab there later..:-)
Anonymous User
Wednesday 28 August 2013 1.12pm
Well i can only say that it is good to visit Scotland. Do upload pictures of your trip.
Wednesday 28 August 2013 1.26pm
I've always used Thomas Exchange, in the arcade opposite MacDonalds in Liverpool Street.
I went to Portugal in June and got 1.17, but today their rate is almost identical to Ace FX, so I'd go for whichever is closer, or easiest to get to.
I'd try never to use the places at airports, always a bad rate, but it's your call.
Wednesday 28 August 2013 2.59pm
Tescos at Surrey Quays - a little known fact is that they will match the best rate of a competitor within a 4 mile radius. Ace FX and Covent Garden FX are within 4 miles.
Thursday 29 August 2013 12.51pm
The very best exchange rate is from a bureau de change called Best Foreign Exchange You have to order it online, but can collect it seconds later from one of their branches. Their rate is head and shoulders above the rest. By way of example, the highest alternative on the day I bought my euros was paying 1.12 for each pound, whereas BFE was paying 1.16. It adds up.

However, as bmovie says, the Travelex desk in Tesco Surrey Quays will match their rate - which I have done in the past - but it is a bit of a kerfuffle as the staff have to call their head office to get authorisation to match it. Worth doing though if you can't get over to one of BFE's branches.

No affiliation with Best Foreign Exchange. I found them on MoneySavingExpert about four years ago and have used them since.
Monday 2 September 2013 1.35pm
Try ICE at Waterloo Station, they consistently come up on the MSE Travel Money deal, you get the best rate with the voucher from their website!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: