chilli pepper

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 8 September 2013 6.30pm
My son and his wife treated me to a week in spain, the pil pil prawns sizzling in a dish were to die for, feeling generous let the daughter in laws father taste the dish and he nearly collapsed red faced and choking, the cause was a small baked bean shape chilli and he said it burnt his mouth just as it touched his lips, does any one know what sort of chilli would do that?...have looked online and saw no photos of what it was...asked the staff but their English or rather my Spanish was incomprehensible! they just smiled and said enjoy...
Sunday 8 September 2013 7.32pm
It might have been a Serrano pepper, or a Piquillo pepper, found in Lodosa, Spain.
I think that they both come in red, not sure how small they can be though.
Wednesday 11 September 2013 7.59pm
Thank you Debrajoan, will now google them :-)
Saturday 14 September 2013 8.05pm
Debrajoan they were the small Serrano peppers...red and lethal!
Saturday 14 September 2013 8.09pm
5000 to15000 scovell units apparently!
Sunday 15 September 2013 12.26am
Jan, you and Debrajoan are lightweights, I drizzle tabasco sauce on Scotch bonnet chilis, and spread them on mortadella for lunch.
No one likes me, wonder why?
Sunday 15 September 2013 9.04am
Tom ...and you still have lips! And do you cook your spices food for others? Lol..
Sunday 15 September 2013 7.53pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Tom ...and you still have lips! And do you cook your spices food for others? Lol..

Not me Jan, I can boil an egg, I can poach them, cannot get the scrambling procedure down though, but I try.
I can fix toast, make a bloody Mary, with or without the stick of celery, I can get the mix just right for vodka and tonic, but I'm afraid that I have to defer to "the enemy within" for anything more involved than a ham sandwich.
On the thankfully rare occasions that she has thrown a wobbly and called a strike, we casually amble up to Butlers Wharf Chop House.
Dumb she ain't.
Monday 16 September 2013 8.52am
Tom...you live up to your name...I shall now think of you as Mr.Spice instead of Mr.Pepper(ree)! lol

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: