Cheap new baby stroller?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 17 September 2013 3.38pm
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this belongs here, so please move it if it doesn't!

As my fiancee and I are pregnant (well, mostly her of course...), we are looking around for some not too expensive but good quality stuff for when the baby will be here. We've had some luck with most of it, but can't seem to be able to a good-but-not-horribly-pricey stroller... Anyone got any good tips?

Wednesday 18 September 2013 3.43pm
Hi, me again - I asked this same question on another board too, and one of the things they recommended was to take a look at to see if they had some relevant voucher codes, and they did! They have a lot of codes for other kinds of stores too though - thought some of you might like it. :)

The perfect stroller still hasn't been found though, so if anyone has a tip I'll be glad to hear it!
Thursday 19 September 2013 9.57am
Congratulations :-)
Silvercross Pop Stroller or McLaren equivalent. Not the cheapest but reasonable. They are suitable from birth and see them all the way through until they point blank refuse to get in them anymore. A from birth stroller is a much better option than a ridiculously priced "travel system", part of which you'll only use for the 1st month or two. Also if you use public transport a lot then a stroller is far more practicle (they insight far less rage in other commuters than the large wheel based, whiz bang, bring the kitchen sink along 400+ prams).
My opinion is based on experience of 3 kids and daily commuting Bermondsey-London Bridge-Waterloo and back...
When are you (the missus) due? I still need my Silvercross for about 6 months (the youngest is now 19 months) but you could have it after that or if you need one sooner I at least have the baby cosy & foot muff parts that we don't (he won't) use now.
Friday 20 September 2013 10.09am
Thanks Miriam!

The Silver Cross ones look good - we were considering a travel system because it sounded very practical, but a stroller that we'll get to use a lot longer of course sounds better! I've also been guilty of being annoyed at the moms with gigantic prams on busses that were already packed to begin with...

The baby is due in 2 months, so that's a bit too early I'm afraid! Thank you very much for your offer though, and of course for the tip! We're very excited about the pregnancy, but also totally new to all this kind of stuff... Luckily my sister had a little one last year, so she's been able to provide us with a lot of things. :)

Thanks again!
Thursday 26 September 2013 12.41pm
The stroller has been found because of a very friendly PM! Thanks :)
Thursday 26 September 2013 3.39pm
Congratulations to you both! I would recommend NCT's Nearly New Sales - I have found my best bargains there!
Friday 27 September 2013 12.59pm
Thanks Natalie! I'll check them out too. :D
Tuesday 1 October 2013 11.59am
we have looked into this too, and Mothercare do a range which look good quality, and we got ours in the sale for 100 - a Joie Muze pushchair travel system, which considering we were thinking of buying a used 3 year old Britax for 200 from a friend, is a complete bargain!
Wednesday 27 November 2013 5.26am
My brother says that he has worked out England's system for winning, apparently every 900 years after there is a big battle in Hastings, England win.
Tuesday 4 March 2014 3.28am
Congratulations to you :).
i think maybe useful for you :),

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: