All quiet on the chatter front....

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 22 December 2003 4.14pm

Where is everybody???

Not a lot of chatter or forum discussions going on at the moment.
I rely on you guys to make my working day go faster.

Tuesday 23 December 2003 10.07am
I agree...and it's one site I feel I can have open on my work PC, as I can make the excuse that I want to keep in touch with the local community!

...and I even started posting to encourage the chatter along!

One thing I will say as a newcomer though, is that I've very quickly formed ideas in my head of what the 'regulars' are like in real life...TLMJJ, Bigdave, Jan et al...
Tuesday 23 December 2003 10.13am
Ooooh - do tell!
Tuesday 23 December 2003 10.20am
Well LMJJ - late twenties, bit of an academic, but knows how to party - not to be crossed, or else!
Bigdave - mid twenties, cropped hair, tall, career is in something skilled - possibly using his hands (??? - think I've based my perceptions of Dave on a bloke I went to school with who we called Big Dave)
Jan - The soothing, authoritative voice of the forum. You can hear experience in her words - you wouldn't argue with her even if you didn't agree

I'm probably so far out it's unbelievable!!!
Tuesday 23 December 2003 12.09pm
Ooh...silence...must have got it very wrong...!!!
Tuesday 23 December 2003 12.35pm

I know what you mean - I quite enjoy being a silent observer.

The little pictures that I have formed in my head are really quite similar to yours James.
I love it when Jan comes in all calmly - she's almost like the mother of the site, though I wouldn't want to feel her palm slapping the back of my legs if I say anything untoward.

Think I had better stop now in case I upset anyone!!
Tuesday 23 December 2003 12.57pm
Not all wrong....James..I do have a calming effect on people I've been told...get me to a party and I send 'em all asleep! :-) I don't often get involved in arguments despite the temptation ( unless I genuinely think I am right!) and that's not often!

Having steered sucessfully through almost six decades and arrived in more of less one piece, even though there's bits dropping off..I am truly amazed I've got here.

That's why a ' listening ' ear helps wiv the doddery old body! reading that back it don't make sense...:-)

jan
Tuesday 23 December 2003 1.00pm
Daniel....I now make it a point never to batter anyone who's fully clothed....and who has cleaned up the beer cans...moved the girls from the floor in the living room....and remembered to bring the plates down from the bedroom!

jan
Tuesday 23 December 2003 1.18pm
...but if you're a naked slob, you'll feel her wrath!
Tuesday 23 December 2003 1.55pm
No James - I'm the slob.....I just fet self righteous if anyone else expects me to clear up after them = when they have left school! :-)

jan
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: