old coins

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 5 January 2004 12.13pm
Does anyone know what I can do with a bag of redundant coins (eg Irish from before the Euro, or obscure foreign currency)? Is there somewhere that takes coins and does something useful with them??
Monday 5 January 2004 12.35pm
Barnardos used to collect them.....

Monday 5 January 2004 12.47pm
Well, if you're thinking they should be worth something, you could try www.24carat.co.uk. I haven't any experience of them, but their FAQs page (http://24carat.co.uk/coinquestionstheyaskus.html) suggests they may buy old coins off you. Obviously, you'd have to foot the bill for postage, which may be more than you'll get for them...!!!

Otherwise, you could do the charitable thing. The RNIB collects coins - gather them together and call 020 7388 1266, who will give you details of your local RNIB office. Oxfam also collects coins, and you can drop bags of coins into any Oxfam branch. I'm not sure how they benefit from the collections, although it seems they do get something for the coins they collect.
Monday 5 January 2004 2.18pm
Not at all interested in getting anything for them, am sure they're worth nothing, but want to do some good with them, so will look in to the RNIB/Oxfam thing.
Thanks for info James
Monday 5 January 2004 2.51pm
A pleasure T...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: