Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 5 January 2004 1.10pm
My first day back since Christmas and i couldn't help but notice how much more chilled the commuters seemed this morning.

People didn't scrabble to get on the train before each other... lots of "No... after you..."

How long before it all wears off? I give it till Wednesday.

Counting down... 8 weeks before I trade in London for Scotland.
I'm going to miss this place.

Hope you all had a good Christmas.
Monday 5 January 2004 4.35pm

Yes, everyone in my office has a 'first day of school' face on.

Sad to hear you are going. Sure, if you miss us in London, you can always pop down - it is only about 16 hours by train.
Monday 5 January 2004 4.48pm
I'm looking forward to moving up. I put an offer in on a 3 bed semi with huge garden.... 72,000. I know that I'll have a higher standard of living and will find it easier to get on the property ladder.

I'm not going into a slagging session about London. I still love the place but many things here rub me up the wrong way and I'm increasingly finding myself turning into Victor Meldrew! Rather than complain, I'm relocating.

I'll be down every 8 weeks with work so I'm sure I won't get too homesick.
Tuesday 6 January 2004 7.39pm
Big Dave

If I don't hear from you again or have the chance to contact you before you go, can I wish you all the very best in haggis-land and hope all goes well. (Haven't forgotten your support when I was attacked quite nastily on this site, the first time I used it!) Anyway good luck and London will miss you - dare I say I hope you'll miss London, tho not too much.
Wednesday 7 January 2004 12.51pm
All the best Dave, it sounds great and not just the price either!

it'll probably be cheaper to fly down than travel by train...and you... Victor Meldrew nah.... never....:-)

Wednesday 7 January 2004 5.36pm
Thanks girls
i'll still be on this website and will try to make at least 1 se1 social before i head off
i'll miss SE1 most of all... still my favourite part of London!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: