what does it mean?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 21 January 2004 2.58pm
Last night I called into an inter-net cafe in OKR and found somebody had left a letter up on the pc. It was a mad, paranoid rant against the author's bosses, various businesses and several others in between, it was also interspersed with some very interesting religious quotations and lamentations and was hilarious - until I noticed the author was my downstairs neighbour. And so to Tesco. I endured the usual buffeting until I reached the checkouts, where I found an elderly man who couldn't find what to do with his empty basket. "Here, I'll sort that for you." He handed it to me with a scowl on his face - no sign of a thank you - he was having a bad day as well. Outside in the car-park, all of the people in front of me (including the elderly man) walked slowly, pulling purchases from plastic bags, unwrapping them, and then throwing their litter to the ground. Much saddened I hurried home, idly switched on the TV and discovered that Johnny Rotten is to appear on: "I'm a celebrity - get me out of here" - is this good news?
Wednesday 21 January 2004 3.02pm
Although Johnny Rotten is very staunch in his beliefs and says what he means, I'm sure at least he says thank you and doesn't throw litter around. He may come from th punk era, but I reckon he's probably got more good ideas on keeping this country in order than a lot of our politicians. I'm looking forward to hearing what he comes out with on "...Celebrity..."
Wednesday 21 January 2004 4.47pm
His argument for appearing on the show is that he was approached by Granada to do it, his friends told him not to do it, so now he is.... "rebelling against his friends by taking part"

It's got to be compelling TV
Wednesday 21 January 2004 4.49pm
I think so - he also said "it's mainstream rubbish but a personal challenge". I can't wait...
jan
Thursday 22 January 2004 7.28am
How much will he get paid? I talk a lot of main stream rubbish..and I could do with a challange James!

and the porcine element takes to the sky...
Thursday 22 January 2004 9.20am
Well Jan, if you can believe the tabloids....each celebrity gets a 25,000 appearance fee except for Jordan, who gets 100,000. Although, they are all supposed to be doing it for charity.
Thursday 22 January 2004 11.50am
Well, believe it or not Alan.......and this is true...I have a daughter called Charity!

jan
Thursday 22 January 2004 11.54am
Right, let's get you in then.
Thursday 22 January 2004 1.05pm
alan,

What does it mean?

Simple. You are living in the plot of Monkey Dust

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Thursday 22 January 2004 1.40pm
Jan,
Did your daughter use to work at the Moffat Clinic about five years ago? Really nice person called Charity used to sometimes help the parent-run play-group, but left to have a baby.

Sarah
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: