Weekend inspiration?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 6 February 2004 10.02am
Am unexpectedly going to be a) in London this weekend and b) entertaining pals from Belgium (Australian pals, they just live there).

Anyone know of anything fabulous / unusual / quirky to do in London this weekend ? We're going out tonight - so I was thinking more of some things to do during the day on Saturday and Sunday.

SE1 based or wider (hence why I started this thread in Chatter).

Friday 6 February 2004 12.30pm
The NFT has a series of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers films on at the moment. Not everyone's cup of tea I know, but very quirky, very typically English and dancing transcends language barriers, so I'm sure they'd be enjoyed by all...
Friday 6 February 2004 2.58pm
Thanks James - sounds like fun !

Friday 6 February 2004 3.18pm
Harriet...

My girlfriend says 'sounds like fun' whenever I say I'm going to do something like go to the theatre...I'm never sure whether she's serious or sarcastic!!! I hope you were the former, and that you and your friends have a great time....
Saturday 7 February 2004 8.56am
Have breakfast on Columbia Road flower market. It's a wonderful market in a victorian street, and there several places with good coffee, lovely croissants and other patisserie. I dare say that it's one of the most 'London' markets and hardly seen by tourists. Bus 78 to Shoreditch from Grange/Tower Bridge Road brings you there.
Saturday 7 February 2004 8.37pm
You've sold it to me, Maurits. I hope to go there when I visit London again in the summer.
Saturday 7 February 2004 9.42pm
You can get a sail and rail ticket for the DLR and Ferry from Tower Hill only about 7.00 go to Island garden on the DLR and walk under the Victorian foot tunnel beneath the Thames. You come out at the Cutty Sark in Greenwich. Trawl the market, quick walk up to the Observatory,retire to pub,come back on the ferry to the most hilarious "historical" commentary I have ever heard total fiction but very entertaining. It's not a bad way to fill up a Sunday.
Wednesday 11 February 2004 8.18am
Harriet, what did you do, in the end?
Wednesday 11 February 2004 9.50am
unless you became gay, don't bother telling us.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Wednesday 11 February 2004 12.24pm
We went to the NFT as James suggested - it was fab (and very camp) with a high feel-good factor - then a meandering walk back along the river.

Ivanhoe, I know you meant it jokingly, (and I have every sympathy based on some of the recent threads), but I could have taken quite substantial offence at that last comment - like you, I'm not one to prefix all my posts with a comment on my sexuality, but did it occur to you that I might already be of that persuasion ?

Edit - based on comments in another thread - just to clarify - I'm not offended in any way, I don't think Ivanhoe is homophobic, and I took his comment in the way it was meant, as a joke. I would just prefer it (as would Ivanhoe, I think) if sexual preferences weren't generally up as a topic for discussion in every single thread, whether in jest or otherwise.

Post edited (11 Feb 04 14:55)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: