Castello Jamaica Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
jan
Friday 12 March 2004 9.07am
Dragged here reluctantly last night by Charity ( my daughter) ..I was tired, wanted to go home, moan moan, after visiting my other half, finishing work. Recanted my usual tosh about pizza being like glorified cheese on toast and home made macaroni cheese is my choice of pasta.

cutting it short I had a wonderful evening, the steak dish with cream, brandy and herbs was great, the squid,whitebait,prawn starter was lipsmacking good ( I think I pinched that from an advert!) the cheesecake out of this world.

It would be a great place to take children, babies too, the eating area was large, high chairs were supplied for small babes. One lucky little girl had a birthday there and her face when the waiters arrived with a birthday cake, complete with candles was a picture, the waiters and diners all sang happy birthday.

All of the waiters were smiley happy and professional, and did not regard the children as some sort of alien species to be shoved in a corner out of the way.

It felt like being on holiday! So if you have a family event and have youngsters take them there....

Went again on Wednesday, daughter had a sicilian pizza I even tried at bit and had to admit, that for 'glorified cheese on toast' it was good...I had the steak..mmm. roasted peppers, courgette,green beans, potatoes, creme brulee...oh well thats another fatkins diet blown! including beer and cokes. I am trying to persuade my daughter that I need cheering up every week!

Post edited (15 Apr 04 06:23)

and the porcine element takes to the sky...
Friday 12 March 2004 10.28am
Jan,

Is this related to the one on Walworth Rd of the same name? (Haven't been there for ages, but that always used to be good)

Glad to read you're getting plenty of nourishment, but you missed out on some good vitamin C (for Cider) the other night. Shame.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Friday 12 March 2004 11.40am
The one on Walworth Rd is still as good as it ever was.
jan
Friday 12 March 2004 7.19pm
It's run by the same family....a cousin! - I solemnly swear that I, Jan the Old One will make the best possible effort to attend se1 night out wiv cider thrown in! :-)

It's probably owned by the same guy....

and the porcine element takes to the sky...
Thursday 15 April 2004 6.54pm
It is a common myth that Tony and Renzo are cousins or brothers! In actual fact they were partners at the Elephant and Castle for over twenty years; as the building at the Elephant is due to be demolished, Tony moved to Bermondsey on his own and Renzo did not agree with the idea. However, the menus of both Pizzeria Castello (Elephant) and Castello Restaurant (Bermondsey) are similar. as the original chef of the Pizzeria Castello moved to Bermondsey with Tony. As a fan of Castello's I wanted to set the record straight!!
Friday 16 April 2004 6.32am
Thank you and welcome.
rm
Friday 16 April 2004 9.03am
i'm going there tonight... can anyone recommend anything?
Friday 16 April 2004 10.19am
thanks Sally, I can now put my know it all friend right - she insisted they were cousins.....

rm...see my first posting for my personal recommendation...

This place is the graveyard for any type of diet!

jan
rm
Friday 16 April 2004 12.02pm
what are the prices like?
Friday 16 April 2004 3.39pm
keen I should imagine. They always were at the Elephant. Sad to think that they're going to be demolished. What's going to happen to them if they are actually independent of the Jamaica Road bunch?

stick yer frothy lager.......
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: