maximum heel height

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 19 March 2004 6.01pm
probably just one for the lay-dees - just wanted to share this very funny article with you, from today's Guardian -

Physicists at the Institute of Physics have devised a formula that, based on your shoe size, tells you the maximum height of heel you can wear without toppling over or suffering agonies.

http://education.guardian.co.uk/higher/news/story/0,9830,1173811,00.html
Friday 19 March 2004 11.53pm
This is very interesting. But I don't think they have paid enough attention to the trade-off between alcohol consumption and pain.

That is, the more alcohol you drink, the less able you are to balance in high heels. BUT the more alcohol you imbibe, the less pain you feel. Thus, while drinking more impairs your physical ability to wear higher heels, it increases your mental ability to do so.

It also neglects genetic factors such as where you are born. Obviously, those of us from Essex have an inborn ability to wear higher heels than those poor souls born in places such as, for instance, Surrey. (Dreadful ankles in Surrey, apparently.)

I shall conduct an empirical study this weekend and post the results on Sunday.
Saturday 20 March 2004 3.29pm
I look forward to the results of your study..

Personally I have always been the kind of woman who walks like a transvestite when wearing heels. Somehow it makes me look masculine...and I usually fall over in them if at all drunk, which ups the pain factor somewhat.
Monday 22 March 2004 10.06am
Oh dear.

I fell over and cut my leg.

And I was only wearing kitten heels.
hat
Monday 22 March 2004 11.35am
a girlfriend always used to say when we were out - and if anyone ccomplained about our shoes hurting -" if you can still feel your feet you're not drunk enough..."

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: