Bendy ones...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 24 March 2004 2.02pm
They have taken all the bendy buses off the road- lets hope they solve the problem of the noise when they stop -it sounds like crashing dustbins....is it air brakes? thats probably the cause of the fires...the middle bendy bit!

jan
Wednesday 24 March 2004 3.54pm
Noticed the noise too, but this is on the new RV1.
I've jumped out of my skin so many times as its gone past & backfired or whatever, almost knocked me off my bicycle....!

Wednesday 24 March 2004 3.57pm
The buses used on the RV1 are essentially non-articulated versions of the bendy-bus.

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/896

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 24 March 2004 5.09pm
... still think they look rather cool.....

[i REALLY must get out more]
Wednesday 24 March 2004 5.56pm

Do not trouble yourself GOOse - there is nothing more interesting than buses (especially red ones).
Wednesday 24 March 2004 6.01pm
I was on a very crowded 53 earlier, and the driver asked a passing colleague, what has happened to the 453? G.ood to know they've got their finger on the pulse. I do like those steam buses.

Ignorance is bliss
Wednesday 24 March 2004 6.20pm

By the way i love the understatement in their comment.

Given that in the last 18 months "3 have been destroyed in service and a fourth burst into flames on delivery" (!?!)

they say...

"we have decided that certain modifications to all Citaro buses in London are necessary"

really?
Wednesday 24 March 2004 7.29pm
I have this vision of a band of tweed-clad Routemaster enthusiasts going around bus garages at dead of night sabotaging the evil foreign bendy-buses - rather too effectively it seems after the scale of two of the fires.
Jon
Thursday 25 March 2004 12.38pm
apparently the only modifications are the instalation of fire fighting equipment!
Thursday 25 March 2004 2.42pm
Fools!! that won't stop the Tweedy Routemaster Enthusiasts Against Bendy Busses Action League (TREABBAL)

ha ha ha ha ha !!! (evil cackling).

Post edited (25 Mar 04 14:43)
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network