Your Party

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 24 March 2004 6.25pm

Has anyone else heard about the new political party - I saw them on BBC1 on Sunday.

Your Party: the political party where you set the policies; where you choose the candidates; and where you decide how your representatives vote

Seems like an interesting idea. They're standing candidates in Europe and the GLA elections If they get anyone elected then the general public will get to decide how they vote on every single issue.

Another quote from the site:
"We want to make full use of the Internet to create a new way for people to engage in the decision-making process - a way that allows full participation at every level on an issue-by-issue basis. Taking part will be simple and anyone can join in - you'll be able to go online at any time and take a full part in the process of leading and participating in the party"

So is this a good idea or will it just lead to mob rule?

Wednesday 24 March 2004 6.43pm
mob rule.

Ignorance is bliss
Wednesday 24 March 2004 7.08pm

What if they just got a couple of seats on the GLA and an MEP or two though?

I think it would be good to have some direct public representation on these bodies. It might make it easier to find out what goes on and challenge the status quo a bit!
Thursday 25 March 2004 9.09am
A bit surprising that you only heard about them on Sunday considering your company website would indicate otherwise!
Thursday 25 March 2004 1.36pm

Er, OK, I admit I'm doing a bit of shameless promotion.

However I think it's an idea people might like to discuss. Should the people of London be able to decide whether to expand the congestion charge zone or not?

Thursday 25 March 2004 1.39pm
The rules of this site state that people should make clear their affiliation to any organisation they are promoting in the forum.

In any case, people who pretend to be disinterested observers always get found out in the end.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: