Tourists

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 26 March 2004 2.47pm
Righto.

So I've got my folks down this w/e. As a Newbie, I know nothing !

Any touristy suggestions where I can take a couple of Wrinklies ?

Heh heh cor blimey gov'ner heh
Friday 26 March 2004 2.59pm
The London Eye is always a winner...get them there nice and early to avoid the queues though...
Friday 26 March 2004 3.03pm
Righto.

James -

Nice 1, fella. Where is it ? [please please bear in mind, I have no idea on this ! So, BE NICE !!!!]

Heh heh bl00dy northern tourist heh
Friday 26 March 2004 5.11pm
how ' old ' are your wrinklies?

jan
Friday 26 March 2004 5.45pm
G00se,

Look to the right of this thread and click on the Attractions and Museums bit.

Borough Market was recently voted best thing to do in London - runs on Saturday morning from 9am to 4pm at Borough Market, next to London Bridge station, if your family are into food and drink.

Otherwise, you could try a river tour down the Thames to the Thames Barrier - great way to see the city and my family loved it.

Have fun.

Wednesday 31 March 2004 8.55am
Goose,

Sorry I didn't reply in time for the info to be useful - was away in Ireland being a tourist myself over the weekend. Hope you had a great time whatever you and the folks did...

Speaking of Northerners, I had a Yorkshireman accost me on my way to work on Friday. He was clutching a bottle of White Lightning and once he'd got to my side of the road, he shouted at me (whilst I was wearing my Walkman) thusly:

Him: "HOW CAN YOU HEAR A BLOODY THING THROUGH THOSE THINGS?"

Me: "Well, I can hear you mate, no need to shout"

Him: "BUT I'M FROM YORKSHIRE. CAN THEE UNDERSTAND ME LAD?"

His Northern-and-proud-of-it-ness Tickled me, and made me smile all the way to work...
Thursday 1 April 2004 11.48pm
You heard of Tower Bridge?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: