Nigel Farrage

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 2 of 9
Wednesday 18 March 2015 9.22pm
Paramount wrote:
Some Facebook pages etc around are busy with laying into. Ukip. It is worth remembering that Tony Benn and. Enoch Powell both shared an anti European table determined at UK being owners of its own destiny. Unlike today's mainstream parties who are running scared and happy to be managers to the Brussels bosses and to sell us down the river.. Britain for The British!!! Support for Ukip now comes from left and right and no political agenda at all just an ordinary person on the street voice

I don't quite know how it all flipped, the left were always anti EU/EEC or whatever.
I once heard a former Soviet minister compare the EU to the USSR, bit by bit it was becoming evident that's exactly what we're heading for.
He referred to PC as an intellectual gulag, I think that's bang on the money. If your anti EU, your racist.
If you have concerns about immigration, your racist. If you utter the fact that the vast majority of our laws are made in Brussels, your a little Englander.
PC shuts down opinions, like the gulag.
I wouldn't worry so much about facebook when the main stream media are laying into UKIP at every opportunity.

It's a disgrace.
Thursday 19 March 2015 1.58pm
boroughonian wrote:
. If you utter the fact that the vast majority of our laws are made in Brussels, your a little Englander.

Nope, just a liar.
Thursday 19 March 2015 5.09pm
boroughonian wrote:

The Confirmation Bias Brigade?
Thursday 19 March 2015 7.22pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughonian wrote:

The Confirmation Bias Brigade?

Haha yes of course, they made that video up.
Thursday 19 March 2015 7.57pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
. If you utter the fact that the vast majority of our laws are made in Brussels, your a little Englander.

Nope, just a liar.

Any chance of an apology?
Thursday 19 March 2015 8.31pm
boroughonian wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughonian wrote:

Nope, just a liar.

Nah, sorry, you'll have to do better than one little video. I guess it's posters' prerogative to base their opinion on flimsy evidence, but as you'll know by now, you can't expect me to take that seriously. Especially not from people who support a party that sweeps this kind of thing under the carpet.
Thursday 19 March 2015 8.53pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughonian wrote:

Nope, just a liar.

Nah, sorry, you'll have to do better than one little video. I guess it's posters' prerogative to base their opinion on flimsy evidence, but as you'll know by now, you can't expect me to take that seriously. Especially not from people who support a party that sweeps this kind of thing under the carpet.

Fair enough, presumably you wont be voting for any of the main three parties then.
Quite what that has to do with what Viviane Reding said on that video, I don't know.

Anyway, if nothing else, it proves that he who say "the vast majority of our laws are made in Brussels" Is not a liar.

I used to believe that a floating voter was the silliest thing, now I am one, support UKIP? I will be voting for them as I want that little old thing they call democracy and that referendum.
Thursday 19 March 2015 10.23pm
boroughonian wrote:
[
Anyway, if nothing else, it proves that he who say "the vast majority of our laws are made in Brussels" Is not a liar.

Not really, it is one obscure video that UKIPers have desperately been harping on about and that doesn't stand a chance against all the solid documentation out there that explains exactly how EU/UK legislation works and why this is deceptive confirmation bias. It's for people who are against the EU or pro UKIP for whatever reason, spite or a grudge and build their rationales around those feelings, whereas the rest of us actually political opinion is based on information, experience and analysis to decide what the best way to vote is. Enjoy the GE, I know I will. I know what I'll be getting.
Thursday 19 March 2015 10.58pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
[

Not really, it is one obscure video that UKIPers have desperately been harping on about and that doesn't stand a chance against all the solid documentation out there that explains exactly how EU/UK legislation works and why this is deceptive confirmation bias. It's for people who are against the EU or pro UKIP for whatever reason, spite or a grudge and build their rationales around those feelings, whereas the rest of us actually political opinion is based on information, experience and analysis to decide what the best way to vote is. Enjoy the GE, I know I will. I know what I'll be getting.

I happen to believe that not enough working class people get a shot in the arts these days, I don't blame Miranda or Benedict Cumberbatch for that, the system stinks, not the people.
So to be anti EU needn't be about hatred and blame.

Anyway I'm done, I'm sure some of your bile just landed on my new jumper.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 2 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network