Pub?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 2 April 2004 5.34pm
right! that's absolutely it!

I'm off up t' pub.

if anyone happens to be in The Warwick (near corner of Regent st, Brewer st) tonight then I might see you.

..... wouldn't recognise you from Adam (or Eve) but I'll be there.

I shan't be sporting a merkin on my chin, or carying an FT (or Southwark careers), or have a rose in my lapel.

back on Monday!
Monday 5 April 2004 3.13pm
Jon -

How was The Warwick ? I think I started in The Light on E1 early doors on Friday night [so many news bars to remember...]
Monday 5 April 2004 4.06pm
It was OK. we left at half nine (it was cheap while happy hour lasted 5-7, but after that it was too expensive!), and got some food next door.
Thursday 15 April 2004 12.12am
I once had a gin and tonic in the Warwick - the gin was cheap and tasteless, and the tonic was awful stuff from a tap that tasted like fizzy water. I complained and they wouldn't do anything, and refused to do me another. It was in a tiny glass and quite expensive too. Not going there again.
Anonymous User
Thursday 15 April 2004 10.01am
Far better of in the Glassblower if you're at that junction... even the Leicester is better than the Warwick.

I can see into all three from my office window and shall now be forever wondering which of the drinkers are SE1-ers!!
Jon
Thursday 15 April 2004 10.26am
Yes, I prefer the Glassblower, but it was a friends birthday party and she'd booked a table and some floor space, and it was happy hour from 5 till 7 so we brought lots of bottles (still expensive at 2 each) and stayed till about 9. After that we had food in the noodle place next door - which was so nice it made up for the expensive tacky wine bar styleness of the previous few hours.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: