right, you lot - it's Payback time (re. Millwall)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 4 April 2004 9.38pm
On 26 July 2002, I was known as 'jadeefan' (various computer illnesses have necessitated my 'coming out' under my real name)..

and some oaf who called himself 'Dermot O'Leary' (which was in itself disgraceful, as we all know the real Dermot O'Leary is charm itself)..

said in reply to my enthuasism for Jade from Big Brother 3...

..'the women of bermondsey (sic) have as much class as 2nd class BR train's toilet on it's way home from Millwall, Cardiff'....

I gather what the no-doubt drunken individual was trying to imply that Millwall fans on a Cardiff train are ...well, you know...

ANYWAY, I would just like to point out that on 22nd May, there will be many Millwall fans going and coming from Cardiff....because Millwall have reached the final of your F.A. Cup! For the first time ever...

At the end of last season, I decided to become a Millwall fan, because at least I've been to the Isle of Dogs...so I am overjoyed..

Go on Bermondsey girls! Enjoy your day out in Cardiff!

Monday 5 April 2004 9.28am
Unfortunately, it also means we will have to endure a large part of the 2004/05 season listening to news of what Millwall fans have been up to as they travel Europe as part of their UEFA cup campaign...

Millwall in Europe could mean that England never ever gets the Olympics...
Monday 5 April 2004 9.40am
I think you might be suprised.

Millwall have done a lot in the last two years to curb the bad behaviour.

Lets give them the respect that they deserve.
Monday 5 April 2004 11.12am
Either way, you're NOT going to lift that cup.........

Especially after that game we had on Sat.

C'mon Reds !
Monday 5 April 2004 11.53am
ahhhhhhhh a non-Manchester living united fan.

(ps - manchester utd have an amazing ability to commit hideous tackles and get away with them!)

(pps - I'm not a Millwall fan. Just think that as they are the local side and are doing amazingly well we should respect that achievement)
Monday 5 April 2004 12.46pm
Looking at Millwall's official website, they do seem to be trying very hard to tackle racism, and to contribute to the community....

For all the decent, loyal, Millwall supporters, let's hope that their success isn't marred by some people who are not fans of football, but thugs looking for an excuse to fight...

after all, it's supposed to be about football!
Monday 5 April 2004 12.58pm
spot on deirdre.
Monday 5 April 2004 1.48pm
RM -
I hear that response all the time. Didn't realise that the only club you are allowed to support is where you live.

How does that work ?
As soon as you move to another town, does that mean a whole new team to support ?

Blimey !
[not even going to retort to the laughable "tackles" comment]

Deirdre -
If you have the chance to go to Cardiff for the final, DO !!! It really is a wonderful city and hopefully the final will not be as one-sided as some are talking. [as long as we win, of course !!!]
Monday 5 April 2004 2.48pm
GOOse - I was joking. Its obviously a touchy subject!

Of course you can support whoever you like - its simply that Man Utd fans have a bit of a reputation.

The "tackles" comment was a little jibe. Lets just say for anyone watching who isn't a Utd fan they do seem to get away with rather a lot. But then, so do Arsenal (Lehman on Sat for example)
Monday 5 April 2004 3.06pm
RM -

Can't believe I took the bait....doh ! The fact is, I've supported the team since I was 6. The whole stand-up-if-you-hate-man-u thing does wear awfully thin after a few decades !

Still. Great to see that Dennis Wise can still mix it at his age !!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: