Officially Old

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Tuesday 13 April 2004 3.03pm
Righto. That's it. Time to purchase some tarten slippers, start looking at the increasingly attractive Greenwoods fashions and consider the virtues of pipe smoking.

Reason ?
New addition to the office arrived this afternoon. Rumours abounded that she is a total honey. It's true, but all I could think of, when she was introduced, was "Aren't these graduates young nowadays ?"

So. Other ways you know you have just Got Old....... ?

[apart from trying to recall the members of "The Herb Garden"..... and I've still only got Parsley the Lion, Dill the Dog, Constable Knapweed !]

Your turn.
Jon
Tuesday 13 April 2004 3.34pm
when someone tells you what year they were born in, and you remember starting work that year.
Anonymous User
Tuesday 13 April 2004 3.41pm
I thought you meant your turn to remember characters from the Herb Garden!

So far I've come up with Bayleaf, the gardener, Sage the Owl and a Dragon (Tarragon?), there were some little schoolies too - onions or chives or something???

Also making me feel old today was the mention of Simon Le Bon and the realisation that I've had a crush on him for 25 years! (I still picture him as a young boy singing Planet Earth, not the lardie letch you see in the tabloids!!)
Jon
Tuesday 13 April 2004 3.44pm
who's Simon le Bon?
Tuesday 13 April 2004 4.09pm
Talking about The Clangers at work, after buying Major, Mother, Tiny, Small & the Soup dragon from Ebay, only to hear a few colleagues in the office say they've never heard of 'em.....
Anonymous User
Tuesday 13 April 2004 4.23pm
Give over Jon, you even capitalised it correctly where I failed to!
Tuesday 13 April 2004 4.34pm
Am going to see Duran Duran on 1st May! Was also a fan when he was young and thin. Which makes me feel really old too so I'm with you Birdie.
Anonymous User
Tuesday 13 April 2004 4.54pm
Tanya, you lucky lucky girl!!

They were the first band I ever saw... at Brighton Dome in 1979 / 80? Planet Earth was just being released. I was about 12 and lied about where I was going!

I remember The The were supporting them!

How can anyone say that style forgot the eighties???
Tuesday 13 April 2004 5.08pm
I can remember being in a rehearsal studio off Bermondsey Street, several years ago, and Duran Duran were in the room next door running through their set for their re-union tour. What surprised me was not only did they sound good, but I knew all the words to their songs! And what words they are, they might be able to write a tune, but their lyrics are a bit........
Oh, err, Sir Basil and Lady Rosemary?

Post edited (13 Apr 04 18:13)
Tuesday 13 April 2004 8.27pm
I think that a sign of being really old is realising that ten years have passed since you first heard a stand-up comedian (IIRC it was at the Bedford in Balham when tickets only cost 6?!) who did a routine comprising solely of nostalgia about 70s childrens TV.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: