...Blonde on the inside and the outside...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 15 April 2004 3.54pm
Harriet. I really really want to know, please, if you would be so kind. In what sense are you blonde on the inside? And how do you know? (The outside bit I have seen for myself.)

Perhaps it would be interesting to see how other readers interpret the phrase before you answer.
Thursday 15 April 2004 4.15pm
Well - is a bit of a long story, but:

I was in a meeting recently that got quite heated (lots of fists thumping on tables and threats to sue, counter-sue and contra-counter sue flying around). I foolishly tried to dispel a bit of tension with a lighthearted (and honestly pretty funny) comment, whereupon one person turned to me and said (rather crossly) "you really are blonde on the inside as well, aren't you ?"

It's kind of stuck, and I was feeling the lack of a catchy sign-off.

Am reliably informed by baby brother that said sobriquet is usually applied to a non-blonde, hence "blonde on the inside and the outside".

Thursday 15 April 2004 5.22pm
What a cad! Enough to put one off City lawyers...

By the way, thanks for the contra-counter-sue, shall try to use that surreptitiously in conversation in the next week.
Monday 19 April 2004 10.44am
I think it's quite clear: blonde (hair colour) on the outside, and blonde (as in "dizzy") on the inside.

Not that I've ever met you Harriet, so no offence meant.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Wednesday 21 April 2004 2.35pm
Funny, Harriet was talking about you last night as if she HAD met you. I'm now a little confused...
Wednesday 21 April 2004 2.40pm
Nope - the confusion is mine - I thought I had met Ivanhoe at the postal meeting, but it was (I think) Tharg ?

See, I am blonde on the inside !

Wednesday 21 April 2004 2.41pm
No, she met you. and you are you. both of you.
Wednesday 21 April 2004 2.41pm
Of course she's met me. You were there, weren't you?

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Wednesday 21 April 2004 2.43pm
Are you blonde all the way through as well? Perhaps we'd better go somewhere more glamorous next time like Pacha?
Wednesday 21 April 2004 2.52pm
Yes, you met me at the postal meeting, but I wasn't Tharg then. You also met Mapmaker, who is also Ivanhoe.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: