The Alpubet

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 27 April 2004 11.42am
At the end of last year, my friends and I planned to embark upon an amazing quest....to go to a pub for each letter of the Alphabet throughout 2004. We're currently about to go to a pub beginning with the letter "I" - The Imperial Arms in Chislehurst.

But enough of my yakkin', check out the website at www.alpub.net and it will explain all to you, complete with the pubs we've seen and rated. Maybe you can suggest some pubs to us.

Also, feel free to join us at any of our pubs - everyone is welcome!
Tuesday 27 April 2004 1.36pm
Great quest, fella !
Looking forward to the letter-pub "X" and "Z" should be interesting !!!
Tuesday 27 April 2004 1.49pm
We've actually got Z covered, but X is definitely going to be a struggle! Any suggestions welcome!
Jon
Tuesday 27 April 2004 2.31pm
'The Cross and Trumpet'?

tenuous I know, but it may just be close enough.
Tuesday 27 April 2004 2.42pm
Unfortunately, brilliant though your suggestion is, we are trying to stick to the rules on this one. We're also hoping to avoid anything such as "Xtra" or "Xtreme" because the names are stupid and unimaginative.

Many thanks for the suggestion though, keep 'em coming!
Tuesday 27 April 2004 3.07pm
Try www.yell.com Search 'public houses', then called 'x*', then leave location blank. Unfortunately you do have to put 2 letters in, so you will have to do 26 searches. I tried Xe and xy, but to no avail.
Tuesday 27 April 2004 3.18pm
Many thanks for your efforts. We're hoping we'll be able to find all the pubs without searching on a web page, the theory being that it would simply be too easy. However, as I said, any suggestions are appreciated.

Remember, if anyone wants to join us then come along - we'll be at The Imperial Arms in Chislehurst on May 1st and if you want to learn more about us, look at our site at:

www.alpub.net

There is also a link there to join our yahoo mailing group.

Thanks for all the help guys, keep it coming!

Post edited (27 Apr 04 16:19)
Tuesday 27 April 2004 3.18pm
Many thanks for your efforts. We're hoping we'll be able to find all the pubs without searching on a web page, the theory being that it would simply be too easy. However, as I said, any suggestions are appreciated.

Remember, if anyone wants to join us then come along - we'll be at The Imperial Arms in Chislehurst on May 1st and if you want to learn more about us, look at our site at:

www.alpub.net

There is also a link there to join our yahoo mailing group.

Thanks for all the help guys, keep it coming!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network