Was That It ?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 28 April 2004 8.40am
Spring. What's THAT all about ?

Two days of w/e sun, glorious, lots of smiley people, blokes with white stringy legs in shorts, crop tops, icecream, frisbee in the park, crisp white wine on the grass with mates, babes in teeny tiny skirts, vibrant colours everywhere.

..... and then today.....

[still. I suppose we've still got snow in May to look forward to, huh ? Can't actually recall which year that was, but it wasn't too long ago, was it ? Anyone remember ?]
Wednesday 28 April 2004 9.09am
Cheer up - I'ts now exactly one calendar month to the start of Big Brother - what could be more evocative of summer?
Wednesday 28 April 2004 9.33am
Keep looking G00se, today it was raining as I walked to work, still lots of vibrant colours - look at how fresh the green of the new leaves look. Haven't you noticed the blossom? The heavy rain last night knocked a lot of it down and now the pavements are carpeted with pink and white, it's covered up the chewing gum. Did you notice the light yesterday evening? How dramatic was the lightning? Fantastic stuff. That rain is what makes this country so green and pleasant, I think it would be a lot duller place to live if we were to have the same weather everyday.
Wednesday 28 April 2004 10.43am
I have to agree that after rain, the leaves on the trees and the grass look gorgeous.

(We get rain here in Ireland, too!)
Wednesday 28 April 2004 11.23am
Tharg -
Funny you should mention the carpet of fallen blossom. It was the first thing I noticed as I wandered through th park on the way to work. Like pink snow. I also watched the lightening from the comfort of my squashy sofa last night. The power of Nature is really inspiring. So much so, that I drew back the office window blinds this morning [much to the annoyance of some of the office moles here]. Despite the fact that it still appears quite murky and dismal, the view over freshly-washed London Town is really quite uplifting.
Wednesday 19 May 2004 5.36pm
does that mean that it's summer now then?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: