Fitness Exchange...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 29 April 2004 2.46pm
..at London Bridge.. anybody goes there? is it nice? gym buddie?
Thursday 29 April 2004 2.49pm
I'll swop you your fitness for my Buckaroo (most pieces intact).

[Where's Noel Edmunds?]

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Thursday 29 April 2004 2.54pm
Flipper -
I joined Top Notch last night. Which is why I'm walking like RoboCop today !! I used to be with Fitness 1st, but the one at London Bridge aint good.
Top Notch may well be more pricey, but loadsa classes [including one I was recommended for yoga] plus pool.

No info about Fitness Exchange, but why don't you have a look ?
Thursday 29 April 2004 3.12pm
well, am using Fitness First - Bedford STreet, for the last 4 years, but now i have moved to the area i want to change gym and go somewhere closer.

Fitness First at London Bridge is crap and too many floors and small showers and blah, blah, blah.

So i thougth about Fitness Exchange as it got a pool too..

i have not idea what Top Notch is.. or whereabouts.. what do you mean by pricey?? can you email me privately and tell me all about it...?

does it have saunas or steam rooms too?? mixed?
rm
Thursday 29 April 2004 3.25pm
fitness exchnage is good. staff are friendly and really know their stuff.

nice pool and steam/sauna/jacuzzi etc

good variety and frequency of classes

good weights and cv studio.

only downside (IMHO) is the number of corporate memberships they have.
Thursday 29 April 2004 3.33pm
i guess been in london bridge it wil get really full at times, but i was planning about using it after 8pm.. when maybe it is not that full??
Thursday 29 April 2004 4.02pm
if you do a search on here - i am hopeless at this kind of thing, you will find a thread on gyms. i used to a member of topnotch, but ended up having to leave because it is the filthiest place in the world. a number of us did not rate it. am now a member of cannons which is pricey but is very clean, has classes all day every day, has 2 pools (one for serious lengths and one for a calmer pace), plus the lovely spa pool and is massive. couldn't be happier with my move
rm
Thursday 29 April 2004 4.03pm
8pm is fine! Nice and quiet by then. Thats when I used to go.
Thursday 29 April 2004 4.35pm
How time flies...

There's this thread from a year ago

and (if you can stomach it) this thread focusing on Top Notch when it was going through a phase of poor management two years ago - can't say what it's like now.

Post edited (29 Apr 04 17:54)
Friday 30 April 2004 7.29am
Katy -
I'm surprised by the comment about cleanliness, as that was one of the criteria for selection. I'm not an expert by any means, but it certainly looked clean, tidy and well-maintained. By the comments above, it sounds like they have pulled their corporate socks up !
So far, I've found the place to be staffed by smiley, helpful staff and I even managed a conversation with one of the other red-faced, sweaty protagonists. Nice fella.

Goose "The Body"
[hehehehehe]
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: