Red Bus restaurant: very good food and cheap

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 2 May 2004 5.20pm
Hi all who are reading this.

Yesterday ( sat 1st May 2004) myself and my wife along with our friend and her 3 children we discovered the Red bus Restaurant in York Road just alongside waterloo opposite the London eye.

I would just like to say that the food was very good and very cheap compared to other places ! and the service was good also.

I would recommend this place to anyone travelling to london !
it certainly leaves all the well known burger and pizza chains standing !! and if the owners and staff happen to read this then well done for a very good service !!

many thanks ..........Robert keen ( southampton )
Tuesday 4 May 2004 11.15am

hmmmm
Tuesday 4 May 2004 12.27pm
Friend of yours?
Tuesday 4 May 2004 12.58pm
Apologies in advance if Im being overly cynical but this post does throw up the idea of a spammers top ten

Post edited (04 May 04 14:09)

gggggrrrrrruuff
Tuesday 4 May 2004 1.03pm
they do spam?

"I knew I was cured"
Tuesday 4 May 2004 1.07pm
I didn't delete the message or post my usual rant because I can find no evidence that the post isn't genuine, and the message itself is *just* about credible.

However, I did go in to the Red Bus restaurant once and - from what I recall - it wasn't cheap. It's a tourist trap for visitors to the London Eye.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 4 May 2004 2.36pm
Oooooor, has Mrs. Red Bus actually opened a cafe in their home, which only opens while he is at work..........?
Tuesday 4 May 2004 4.16pm
The thing I like about this is that whether the post is genuine or not, the very debate about it is enough to throw it open to question.

(personally I can't see it as genuine - if you are from southampton how would you know about this forum? james, are you that famous?!)
Tuesday 4 May 2004 4.30pm
Anyone can find this site with a web search... we have readers all around the world.

And indeed this site is the top result on Google for Red Bus Souvenirs, which is the full name of the establishment in question.

Further enquiries do suggest that the post is genuine.

My instincts for spotting self-promotion on the forum are quite well honed, and I'm inclined to believe this one.

It's a pity that those who abuse the forum - like the person from the Roebuck - have made everyone so cynical.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
jac
Tuesday 4 May 2004 9.47pm
james
Im with you, I think you seem to spot Hoax pretty well and when those who do self promote you often spot them and well make them look a bit of a prat. Well done
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network