hello

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
m
Sunday 9 May 2004 6.06pm
welcome

im new , and i have one question . what do you think about polish people in UK? thanks for all answers.
Sunday 9 May 2004 7.01pm
Hello m,
Welcome to SE1, have you been here long? London is a very cosmopolitan city, and I hope you enjoy it here.

Post edited (09 May 04 20:08)
Sunday 9 May 2004 7.08pm
Welcome m, are you new to SE1 or just to LondonSE1?
Sunday 9 May 2004 7.13pm
His IP address suggests that he is in Poland at the moment

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 9 May 2004 8.51pm
Super slueth strikes again! Aren't you supposed to be doing your finals, James? Is this displacement activity or have you finished them all now?

I did wonder if m was in Poland.

m, my answer to your question is not altogether unbiassed, as I have Polish ancestry but was born in the UK. I am really pleased there are loads of Poles over here. They contribute a lot to the place, seem to work hard, be very resourceful, and be civilised and polite and dont moan all the time (obviously there are a few exceptions). Many of my friends have Polish people working for them and all of them are very impressed and say they would look for a Pole next time too.

And if it means that there will in future be more Polish delicatessens and restaurants to cater for the new influx, then all the better!

Thats what I think - but along with m, I would be interested in what others have to say.

m, are you thinking of coming over here to live for a while?
Monday 10 May 2004 5.19am
I was going to use another online translation service to provide me with a greeting in Polish, however, having seen what http://www.tranexp.com:2000/InterTran/ did to the following passage when translating from English to Welsh, and back again, I'm not so sure:
Mrs Kwasniewska abandoned a plan to walk across the Millennium Bridge from St Paul's Cathedral at the last minute due to threatened torrential rain. Instead the Royal car brought her across Blackfrairs Bridge to the gallery's main western entrance in Holland Street.
Mrs Kwasniewska 'n afradlon chynllun at cerdd ar draws 'r Filflwyddiant Bontio chan St Paul's Cathedral am 'r bara chofnod o achos bygythiedig torrential bwrw glaw. Instead 'r 'n Frenhinol car cyrchedig 'i ar draws Blackfrairs Bontio at 'r horiel s main gorllewinwr daflu i berlewyg i mewn Isalmaen Hystryd.

Mrs Kwasniewska ' heartburn wasteful plan to he walks across ' group Millennium Bridge with St Paul's Cathedral about ' group bread memorandum because threatened rning grey rain. Instead ' group ' heartburn Royal car attacked ' I across Blackfrairs Bridge to ' group gallery ' sound fine western entrance in Holland Street.
m
Monday 10 May 2004 6.47am
hello

thank you for all answers .

i'm still in Poland , but 11 - 06 go to London , i have friends there and they looking job for me.
i've never been in Uk before , its my first time , but i know a lot about your country. im asking you what do you think about us , because Poland is new member of UE , but we still East Europe and the other countries haven't good opinion about polish people (i know why , but idiots are on whole world :)) )

thanks for all answers again and sorry for my english but i'm still learning ,

ps. very good online translation : http://www.dict.pl/plen

Pozdrowienia z Polski

Post edited (10 May 04 07:54)
Monday 10 May 2004 9.47am
Good luck. I hope you find that British people are generally friendly (especially in SE1).

You may also like to try our cider.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
m
Monday 10 May 2004 10.16am
:))) thx

i have one problem , what is it : HGV licence driver.
Is it licence for lorry , van or ...? i don't know , if you could answer my question i will be very appreciate.
Monday 10 May 2004 11.01am
It's a licence for a Heavy Goods Vehicle, or, in other words, a lorry.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: