Appropriate wedding attire.....

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
rm
Tuesday 11 May 2004 11.08am
little bit of advice please.....

what is the most appropriate outfit for a woman to wear to a summer wedding (and dinner and reception)......
Tuesday 11 May 2004 11.13am
I've consulted with Mrs I, and she says:

Something dark, so one's merkin doesn't show under the sun/disco lights :-)

Something with pockets, so any companions don't have to either carry all one's "essentials" for one, or spend ages waiting while one ferrets around in one's handbag

Eyepatch, stripy shirt, britches and cutlass

You'll be the belle of the ball.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Tuesday 11 May 2004 11.21am
I believe white is traditional if you're the bride.....
rm
Tuesday 11 May 2004 11.28am
luckily i'm not the bride.

hmmmmm. a pirate outfit. sounds like fun.
Tuesday 11 May 2004 11.29am
Yaarr!
Jon
Tuesday 11 May 2004 11.31am
ascertain the colour of the outfits for the bride, groom, bridesmaids, best man, ushers, fathers, mothers, and the colour of the flowers and then try not to clash.
Tuesday 11 May 2004 11.36am
Ah the SE1 chatter forum, first stop for anybody looking for useful advice.
Tuesday 11 May 2004 11.41am
<<ascertain the colour of the outfits for the bride, groom, bridesmaids, best man, ushers, fathers, mothers, and the colour of the flowers and then............>> make sure that your chosen outfit has a little bit of each of these colours in it. If you can't afford Missoni, then try any local Morris side.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Tuesday 11 May 2004 11.49am
This was from an American site: http://fashion.about.com/cs/tipsadvice/a/weddingguest.htm
• Don't wear white because it competes with the bride. There are plenty of other colors available.
• Don't wear black or sequins during the daytime.
• Don't worry about wearing the same colors as the bridesmaids or mothers. You can't possibly coordinate with everyone in the wedding party.
• Do wear something feminine and appropriate, out of respect for your hosts. Clubwear, overtly sexy clothing (strapless, see-through, etc) doesn't belong at a wedding. If you have to ask if it's appropriate, it probably isn't.
• Don't wear opera-length gloves (to top of arm) with anything but sleeveless or strapless gowns.
• Do take off gloves to eat or drink.
• Do use good judgment if the invitation doesn't specify the formality of the event. A pastel suit or soft floral dress for daytime or a little black dress for evening (after 6 p.m.) will take you almost anywhere.
- I realise now where I've always gone wrong, I always wear see-through and I forget to take my gloves off when I'm snaffling for pickled eggs.

Post edited (11 May 04 11:50)
rm
Tuesday 11 May 2004 12.12pm
damn. and i was going to wear a bikini and hot pants.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: