Tuesday 11 May 2004 10.49am
This was from an American site: http://fashion.about.com/cs/tipsadvice/a/weddingguest.htm
• Don't wear white because it competes with the bride. There are plenty of other colors available.
• Don't wear black or sequins during the daytime.
• Don't worry about wearing the same colors as the bridesmaids or mothers. You can't possibly coordinate with everyone in the wedding party.
• Do wear something feminine and appropriate, out of respect for your hosts. Clubwear, overtly sexy clothing (strapless, see-through, etc) doesn't belong at a wedding. If you have to ask if it's appropriate, it probably isn't.
• Don't wear opera-length gloves (to top of arm) with anything but sleeveless or strapless gowns.
• Do take off gloves to eat or drink.
• Do use good judgment if the invitation doesn't specify the formality of the event. A pastel suit or soft floral dress for daytime or a little black dress for evening (after 6 p.m.) will take you almost anywhere.
- I realise now where I've always gone wrong, I always wear see-through and I forget to take my gloves off when I'm snaffling for pickled eggs.
Post edited (11 May 04 11:50)