My new food fad

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Thursday 1 October 2015 9.54am
Barring times when I have been unwell and so ate nothing during those times, I had my first ever meat free day yesterday. I felt full all day.
Wednesday 7 October 2015 4.26pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Umm..goats cheese that sounds great, seeing as I am housebound again will get my cousin to bring me some, would it work with ordinary goats cheese Maurits?

Can't see why not Jan, chèvre is the French word for goat, I don't think that the goat has to be domiciled in France for its cheese to qualify as chèvre.
If the goat lived in Montevideo its cheese would be called cabra, if it lived in Carlisle, goats cheese, if it comes from Alençon then it's chèvre.
Monday 12 October 2015 1.07pm
Thank you young Tom, no wonder a cabbie won mastermind years ago, you are a veritable fount of knowledge, having done The Knowledge...:-)
Thursday 6 October 2016 11.45am
My newest new fad is this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eVpy6reXkE

I am hopeful that this will deal with my SAD this winter, it gives you a lift.
Sunday 9 October 2016 8.04am
Anti immflamatory sounds good, will try this Boroughonian..thank you.
Sunday 9 October 2016 3.27pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Anti immflamatory sounds good, will try this Boroughonian..thank you.

The black pepper and some kind of fat are essential, I use coconut oil, for the body to absorb this Curcumin stuff. You might want to look into the capsules you can buy, you get a much bigger dosage than you would be able to eat. Apparently, they are a very good anti inflammatory.

As an aside, I was in Baldwins getting my Cinnamon sticks, and there was a lady having some kind of appointment with a herbalist, like a Drs appointment, and she, the herbalist, had a Dr look about her. All very interesting.
Monday 10 October 2016 12.19pm
Well, I shall give this a go- your recommendations have always worked for me.
Monday 10 October 2016 7.47pm
I have been using fresh Turmeric root (thanks to Charlie's wife- green shop Blackfriars rd, where I'm now known as ....get this...Turmeric man!) and ginger and cinnamon sticks, powder's fine though, every vid I've watched, they use powder. I have to say though, there's powder and there's powder, you want less yellow and more golden. I got some powder from the local shop and it was bright yellow, got some organic stuff from Borough market and it's a different, more golden, colour. When dealing with the fresh root, one end is really orangey, the other bright yellow, when you buy the powder, you are getting one or the other.

God I need a life.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: