Arsenal... Superb!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 15 May 2004 4.37pm
last game for this season...
arsenal is unbeatable, immortal...that's what a fan said
and a lot more words to describe the succes of this team as a champion and as the "breaker" of "more than a century unbreakable record of unbeaten"
and for me, well i only need few words.... Arsenal is Superb!

Sunday 16 May 2004 9.21am
Arsenal have to go 3 more matches before they beat Nottingham Forest's magnificent run from November 1978 to December 1979 of 42 matches unbeaten.

Oh, and when you have won TWO consecutive, back-to-back European Cups (let alone one!) then I think Arsenal could be mentioned in the same breath as Forest.

;-)

Monday 17 May 2004 8.28am
As an ardent ManU fan, I will just [through gritted teeth] say congrats - a truely magnificnet achievement.

Bring it on for next season, fellas !
Monday 17 May 2004 5.03pm
My own preference would be to keep this as a footie free zone, but shouldn't a true sarf Lunnen website be showing more visible signs of support for the Lions for next weekend.

Or is the Editor a secret Palace fan...

Post edited (17 May 04 18:04)
Monday 17 May 2004 5.45pm
I'll share this with you ahead of Saturday. My old boss came into work chuckling a couple of years ago, he had spotted this painted on a wall near Waterloo: COME ON YOU LOINS.
Monday 17 May 2004 7.22pm
Surely this is a South London Forum - those Arsenal people are from North of the River.

Stick to the local lads - come on Millwall!
Tuesday 18 May 2004 12.25am
A good mate of mine invited me to the final match on Saturday... he paid 600 for 2 tickets. ( gasp )

But it was a goosebump festival. Great atmosphere in the ground. Real sense of occasion walking home thru N1. ...where i used to live. It made me feel that London is a smaller place than the stats suggest.

And lets hope Milwall make Bermondsey a goosebump zone on saturday !

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: