Peace not war...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 30 November 2015 11.25pm
This isn't, of course, se1 specific but I feel it's worth mentioning.

I'm not majorly political, I don't claim to fully understand the history of the Middle East and I don't care for Corbyn any more than Cameron.

I do however have compassion, empathy and a strong sense that air strikes cannot be the only or best option.

A protest will take place in parliament square tomorrow from 6pm. Last saturday's Stop the War protest was peaceful, educational and uplifting. If this is of interest there is more information here;

Am I niave enough to expect this to have an impact on the MPs vote on Wednesday? No.
Do I feel like I want to stand up for what I beleive is right? Yes.
Tuesday 1 December 2015 9.42am
In the Second World War we knew who our enemies were, they bombed us, we bombed them. Millions of innocent lives were lost,people who were peace loving on both sides.

Now we don't know our enemies, they live amongst us, not talking about the Moslem faith because the majority follow the Quran which bears no resemblance to the nut cases who call themselves ISIS. However the nut cases may be children of the peace loving Muslims who have been indoctrinated by old men who are not reluctant to send in young people to die. Bit like politicians really, would Blair have sent his son to Iraq? Don't think so.

As that great old soldier Harry Patch said...War is Murder. Bombing the nut cases who themselves are so barbaric would deliberately put their woman and children in Camps so they could show the world what the West has done. I don't know what the answer is.
Tuesday 1 December 2015 9.57am
TV series Homeland sums up how to deal with ISIS

Obviously just a fictional TV series , but i felt the same way after serving in Afghan -
Tuesday 1 December 2015 11.42am
Still don't know Ninja.....very frightening for our children to live in a world like ours.
Monday 14 December 2015 1.08pm
I'm so afraid of WW III!!! Feels like it's happening. So worried about my daughters' future! :(
Tuesday 15 December 2015 11.28am
I wondered about the reversal of China's one child policy, watching news last night it occurred to me that they are building up future armies. Now they have created 'islands' with no fly zones in the South China Seas...from submerged atolls they are developing these islands.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: